iPhone as remote (1 Viewer)

cenci

Portal Member
January 28, 2009
Simple question

Set up my mp with aero, took me a week but so worth it

I want to use my iPhone as remote for videos and music, I don't use it for tv at all

What's the best software/app I need to make this happen

Thanks

Neptuni

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Linkoping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have to agree with the auther;)

iPiMP is a very good nice, useful plugin.
    And it's not a plugin for the Ipod/Iphone, just a webpage in Safari
    Using it every day...

And the support is very good.

/Mikael

cenci

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    although ipimp looks excellent i do not use my htpc for any kind of tv or tv recordings so not sure this is suitable really

all i want is to be able to control mp through my iphone to select videos and music i have stored on the pc

thanks

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    iPiMP lets you browse your music playlists and video database and play them on your client. Further music functionality will be added soon.

doomi

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    although ipimp looks excellent i do not use my htpc for any kind of tv or tv recordings so not sure this is suitable really

all i want is to be able to control mp through my iphone to select videos and music i have stored on the pc

thanks

If iPimp isn't what you are looking for, you could just set up a VNC server and use any of the iPhone VNC viewer software to control your whole pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
    Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
    I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] channel numbers issue DE
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    Hi, until recently i had my tv channels selectable by typing the channel number on my remote. for instance, i hit the number 9...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom