iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hi.

To short questions:
1. I think there is a bug: I have an artist "østkyst hustlers" and in the my music - artist menu, I can see all the letters from A to Ø. But if I then press on Ø, nothing happens, the next page does not open. Whereas, if I press in any other letter the next page opens and I can choose to play the artist strating with this letter.
Is this because of the special danish letter Ø? We also use Æ and Å (but I dont have any artists starting with these at the moment.

2. Where can I change the language used in iPiMP?

Thanks
Steen

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi.

To short questions:
1. I think there is a bug: I have an artist "østkyst hustlers" and in the my music - artist menu, I can see all the letters from A to Ø. But if I then press on Ø, nothing happens, the next page does not open. Whereas, if I press in any other letter the next page opens and I can choose to play the artist strating with this letter.
Is this because of the special danish letter Ø? We also use Æ and Å (but I dont have any artists starting with these at the moment.

2. Where can I change the language used in iPiMP?

Thanks
Steen

1. I'll have a look.

2. Delete (or rename) your specific language file e.g. Rename C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\App_GlobalResources\uWiMPStrings.da.resx to C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\App_GlobalResources\uWiMPStrings.da.resx.old

SnoopSimple

March 10, 2010

I have MP1.0.2 installed and tried installing iPiMP but during the installation I got this error:

aspnet_regiis grant access failed: -8

After clicking OK the installation continued but the Apache web server was not configured properly and would not run.

The logged in user has administrator rights.
OS is WinXP 32-bit Home Edition with SP3 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

I have MP1.0.2 installed and tried installing iPiMP but during the installation I got this error:

aspnet_regiis grant access failed: -8

After clicking OK the installation continued but the Apache web server was not configured properly and would not run.

The logged in user has administrator rights.
OS is WinXP 32-bit Home Edition with SP3 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Open a command prompt and run

Code:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -ga SYSTEM

and report what output you get.

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Thanks

I have found the language file I need to overwrite with the new one. But right now iPiMP is using the english language.

So my question was: How do I get iPiMP to change from english to danish? Do I really need to uninstall and install again - or is there a setting somewhere I can change.

I can change the color but is it possible to change the language as well?

STeen

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Thanks

I have found the language file I need to overwrite with the new one. But right now iPiMP is using the english language.

So my question was: How do I get iPiMP to change from english to danish? Do I really need to uninstall and install again - or is there a setting somewhere I can change.

I can change the color but is it possible to change the language as well?

STeen

Your iPhone has a language setting and mobile safari uses that as it's locale. Asp.Net (which runs iPiMP) tries to match that locale with a locale specific file in the App_GloabalResources directory, if it cannot find a match then it uses the default (uWiMPStrings.resx in this case).

Is your iPhone set to Danish or English? If it's Danish then iPiMP should use uWiMPStrings.da.resx, if it's English then it should use uWiMPStrings.resx.

If your iPhone is set to English and you want iPiMP to be in Danish, then rename uWiMPStrings.da.resx to uWiMPStrings.resx.

BeTZe

Portal Pro
September 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hello,
i have install iPiMP and can log in with my iphone. But when i go on TV Guide and their in one channel i geht this error.

The column notify in table Program does not exist

The comes more errors. What can i do?

KFsMPC

November 30, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hello,
i have install iPiMP and can log in with my iphone. But when i go on TV Guide and their in one channel i geht this error.

The column notify in table Program does not exist

Try this.
Hey, I have the same problem and teted the workaround by copying the files. I facced even more problems also in other menues. in my case all other functions are working, but without programming the recordings ... quiet unsatisfying!
Any other help?

Besides this: I safed the originals files and even after stopping the service and copying them back, it says that the files ar in use!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Re: AW: Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Hello,

Try this.
Hey, I have the same problem and teted the workaround by copying the files. I facced even more problems also in other menues. in my case all other functions are working, but without programming the recordings ... quiet unsatisfying!
Any other help?

Besides this: I safed the originals files and even after stopping the service and copying them back, it says that the files ar in use!

Can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom