iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.1.0

Anyway, when I do what you suggested, I get "The requested service has already been started."
Now that I think about it, I may have installed Apache in the past when I was messing with something else.
Would I get that error if the service was already installed and running?

Looks like Google code is down :( It says - Wait 30secs ;);)

You would only get erors when starting Apache if there was a problem with your iPiMP.conf, this is customised on install depending on the answers you supplied. Also if you are trying to run iPiMP's apache on the same port & IP Address as another web server (e.g. another apache install) then this would also cause it to fail. Can you post your iPiMP.conf - it's in C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\conf

If the service has already been started can you hit the logon page through your Safari browser on your iPhone?

BlizzofOZ

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Looks like Google code is down :( It says - Wait 30secs ;);)

You would only get erors when starting Apache if there was a problem with your iPiMP.conf, this is customised on install depending on the answers you supplied. Also if you are trying to run iPiMP's apache on the same port & IP Address as another web server (e.g. another apache install) then this would also cause it to fail. Can you post your iPiMP.conf - it's in C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\conf

If the service has already been started can you hit the logon page through your Safari browser on your iPhone?

I defaulted to port and IP address.

When google is back up, I'll try it on my iPhone... I don't remember the exact command to do it.

Here is the conf file:

Code:
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Apache"
Listen 80

LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so

ServerName iPiMP:80
ServerAdmin admin@iPiMP.com
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Aspx"

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Directory>

<FilesMatch "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</FilesMatch>

DefaultType text/plain

<IfModule mime_module>
    TypesConfig conf/mime.types
    AddType application/x-compress .Z
    AddType application/x-gzip .gz .tgz
</IfModule>

#asp.net 
LoadModule aspdotnet_module modules/mod_aspdotnet.so

AddHandler asp.net asax ascx ashx asmx aspx axd config cs csproj licx rem resources resx soap vb vbproj vsdisco webinfo 

<IfModule mod_aspdotnet.cpp> 
  AspNetVersion v2.0.50727
  AspNetMount / "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Aspx" 
  Alias /iPiMP "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Aspx" 
  Alias /TVLogos "C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/thumbs/tv/logos"
  Alias /MP4 "DummyDir"

<Directory "C:/Program Files/iPiMP/Aspx"> 
    Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI 
    Order allow,deny 
    Allow from all 
    DirectoryIndex Default.aspx 
  </Directory>

<Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal/thumbs/tv/logos"> 
    Order allow,deny 
    Allow from all 
  </Directory>

<Directory "DummyDir"> 
    Order allow,deny 
    Allow from all 
  </Directory>

AliasMatch /aspnet_client/system_web/(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)/(.*) "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v$1.$2.$3/ASP.NETClientFiles/$4" 
  <Directory "C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v*/ASP.NETClientFiles"> 
    Options FollowSymlinks 
    Order allow,deny 
    Allow from all 
  </Directory> 
</IfModule> 
#asp.net

Hey Cheezey,

I took a guess as it might the usual xx.xx.xx.xx:nn

I did that is Safari and got iPiMP logon on!!!

I'll now look into logging on... thanks for your help!
I thought the install process didn't finish, I guess I was wrong.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Your Conf file looks OK. Post some logs when the wiki comes back up.

BlizzofOZ

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country

Your Conf file looks OK. Post some logs when the wiki comes back up.

I get the iPiMP logon on my iPhone... Was there an iPiMP configuration under the Plugins section of Mediaportal?
If so, I don't see it.

Where do I get the logs from? I'd be happy to do that...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

The wiki is back up. Have a look at the install section, that has details on the client plugin. Also look at the troubleshooting section, that details the logs you should gather.

BlizzofOZ

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
Home Country

The wiki is back up. Have a look at the install section, that has details on the client plugin. Also look at the troubleshooting section, that details the logs you should gather.

Sorry I was off for awhile...

So yes, I go it working!!! My main purpose is to remotely control and play music from my iPhone. I already have a hand held remote controller that I use with Media Portal.

I have Media Portal connected to my home server, where I play music and movies from, to my stereo system. I just recently bought a pair of outdoor speakers that will be hooked up to the stereo. i got to thinking that I'll be able to play my music from my home server... then I thought how can I control it from outside? Went searching and found iPiMP... and I also had/use Media Portal! What luck!

So, with my iPhone outside, I should be able to still control it, right? I have a wireless network... and this is all web based, so I assume there isn't much of a limit to how far away you can be.

Oh... even though I'm working, do you need me to post those logs? Is it helpful for something?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

Sorry I was off for awhile...

So yes, I go it working!!! My main purpose is to remotely control and play music from my iPhone. I already have a hand held remote controller that I use with Media Portal.

I have Media Portal connected to my home server, where I play music and movies from, to my stereo system. I just recently bought a pair of outdoor speakers that will be hooked up to the stereo. i got to thinking that I'll be able to play my music from my home server... then I thought how can I control it from outside? Went searching and found iPiMP... and I also had/use Media Portal! What luck!

So, with my iPhone outside, I should be able to still control it, right? I have a wireless network... and this is all web based, so I assume there isn't much of a limit to how far away you can be.

Oh... even though I'm working, do you need me to post those logs? Is it helpful for something?

Glad you got it working!! Remotely controlling music seems to be a popular feature for iPiMP, it is all web based and so there are no limitations on distance (so long as you can still hear the music ;) ) Indeed many use iPiMP across the internet and so are many miles away.

There's no need for you to post any logs now, it was just to help diagnose your problems.

Hope you enjoy it.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
4.2.0 is released

iPiMP 4.2.0 is released, the main change is the inclusion of Handbrake to do transcoding, both from the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 plugin and the iPiMP web application. There is also a 'Nexus One' handbrake preset included to transcode into MP4 format which allows streaming to that Smartphone (thanks to CHli for this). There are other transcoding improvements too, the scheduling code just fires once a day now (rather than checking the time every 10mins) and you can reduce the priority of the trancoding process if you like.

The wiki has been updated to reflect the new transcoding settings here and here.

There is also a version compiled for MP 1.1.0 RC1 - this hasn't been fully tested though as I am not running this on my live system yet.

Change log
Download here
The Wiki (including install instructions) is also on the Google code site
The source is up on Google code

I am now going to try again now and get live TV working for the next release.

to help support continued iPiMP development

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - 4.2.0

Great!! good news!

however I get an Fubar-error when I try to access the Programm details:
    Code:
    The column notify in table Program does not exist.
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
       bei Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Error error, Object[] args)
       bei Gentle.Framework.GentleAnalyzer.UpdateObjectMap(ObjectMap map)
       bei Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.ConstructMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
       bei Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetMap(PersistenceBroker broker, Type type)
       bei Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(IGentleProvider provider, StatementType stmtType, Type type, LogicalOperator logicalOperator)
       bei Gentle.Framework.SqlBuilder..ctor(StatementType stmtType, Type type)
       bei TvDatabase.Channel.UpdateNowAndNext()
       bei TvDatabase.Channel.get_CurrentProgram()
       bei Website.TVChannel.DisplayChannelMenu(String wa, String channelID) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\TVGuide\TVChannel.aspx.vb:Zeile 87.
       bei Website.TVChannel.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\TVGuide\TVChannel.aspx.vb:Zeile 65.
       bei System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       bei System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

can you helß :)

cheers
    joystick

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom