iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

feriso

Portal Pro
March 20, 2008
OK Cheesy here's my mp log file (there was no error.log
A quick look by me and it appears to send something but it's not being recieved - same when I use my other computer
Would it have anything to do with file permissions for the folders etc... they seem OK to me for sharing over the network so I assume they are OK for iPiMP
Feriso - does anything on the remote side work? e.g. remote control (up/down etc.), are your music & video databases populated?
Right cheezey I looked at what you said and it looks like my databases weren't populated, I've not been running MP like that, I've just been using my videos as a directory store and I was under the impression that it would show the entire contents of the directories that I've set under My Videos. I added a few to the database and it worked fine. Looks like it was my fault :oops:
This might actually be a useful change, being able to see/browse the directories directly rather than relying on the database (if this is at all possible)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
yeah i can test it but why do you imagine it will work?

disaster123 - I don't - I would like to rule it out.

Does your router logs show anything?
Or is there anything in your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\apache\logs\error.log ?

Right cheezey I looked at what you said and it looks like my databases weren't populated, I've not been running MP like that, I've just been using my videos as a directory store and I was under the impression that it would show the entire contents of the directories that I've set under My Videos. I added a few to the database and it worked fine. Looks like it was my fault :oops:
This might actually be a useful change, being able to see/browse the directories directly rather than relying on the database (if this is at all possible)

feriso - No problem. iPiMP though is a MediaPortal interface and uses MediaPortal APIs to make use of the media information stored in the TV Server or MP clients DB's.

damuro72

Portal Member
July 17, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Source code

Hi cheezey! Great plugin! :D

Currently I am working to create a mod for MP. I need the source code of your plugin for MP. Can you send it to me?

My email is damuro72 at gmail dot com

Thanks! :D

Woggle

Portal Member
December 13, 2008
Hi,

Have been loving using what has been developed here but I'm having problems with the login.

On setup I asked it to keep me logged in for a year but every time I load up on my iPhone it asks me to log in again. Is this happening to anyone else and is there a way of fixing this?

Also, can I ask - is there any way to add this to the list allowing the PC to programme up having been in standby? I've set it so that the system powers into standby and wakes up for recordings. The transcoding is set to start at 01.00 but it doesn't appear to be waking up to transcode.

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,

Have been loving using what has been developed here but I'm having problems with the login.

On setup I asked it to keep me logged in for a year but every time I load up on my iPhone it asks me to log in again. Is this happening to anyone else and is there a way of fixing this?

+1
same thing here

rgs,
pirlone

elcool0r

October 11, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Does any one know if this works with any of the android phones? i guess it will if it works with chrome but just wondering if any one has tried?

Just tried it on my HTC Magic... Awesome :)
It works really good, tried a few menu's & features and everything woked/looked nice. Nice work ! Thanks for this great plugin.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Hi,

Can you post your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\aspx\web.config file please.

Also - is your device configured to accept cookies? (Settings -> Safari -> Accept Cookies - mine is set to 'From visited')

Also, can I ask - is there any way to add this to the list allowing the PC to programme up having been in standby? I've set it so that the system powers into standby and wakes up for recordings. The transcoding is set to start at 01.00 but it doesn't appear to be waking up to transcode.

I'll look at this for the next version.

Spok

June 2, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi Cheezey, great plugin! I like iPhone and MP... and now I like iPiMP!

I'm creating an unsupported (by the moment) mod for MP. iPiMP client not working properly, and I don't know why. Is there any chance of seeing the source code for your client to see what happens?

Thanks!

FiDo

Portal Member
February 28, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello Cheezey are you planing on adding an option to use (an already existing) IIS Web server instead of Apache?

I know you are supposed to be able to set it up manually that way already, but my attempts so far has failed (I get some: "Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib' or one of its dependencies." error)

Great plugin anyway, keep it up.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Hello Cheezey are you planing on adding an option to use (an already existing) IIS Web server instead of Apache?

I know you are supposed to be able to set it up manually that way already, but my attempts so far has failed (I get some: "Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib' or one of its dependencies." error)

Great plugin anyway, keep it up.

I'm not planning to add an option to use different web servers, IIS would have been my first choice but the overhead of writing the installer to cope with multiple IIS versions and decisions to run as a new site or vdir and not least having to provide instructions or code to enable/install IIS if not already enabled/installed meant I plumped for a straight forward apache install.

The installer supports installing the web application only specifically for those users who want to use existing web servers. The instructions are basic and could be improved though, and I'll look at that.

As for your "Could not load file or assembly 'DirectShowLib' or one of its dependencies." error - sounds like your app pool is running in 64bit? It should run in 32bit mode.

On IIS7 / 7.5 this can be done at the app pool level by running the following command (assuming iPiMP is running in an app pool called iPiMP):

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd set apppool /apppool.name:iPiMP /enable32bitapponwin64:true

On IIS6 it's a global setting enabled using the following command:

Code:
cscript.exe %systemdrive%\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 “true”

For those asking for the source code - I've uploaded it to the wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom