iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiDo

Portal Member
February 28, 2005
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'm running Windows Server 2008 x64 with IIS 7.5 so that might be it.
I'll try your advice once I get home, thanks for posting that.

Yes, the instructions are a bit basic at the moment (and I'm no expert on IIS as you probably can tell), but some improved instructions would be a perfectly good alternative for me.

Thanks

EDIT: Yay! one step further, I now get the log in page, but when I log in (as admin/admin) I get a new error :( .

"Attempt to write to a read-only database" (had to add "<customErrors mode="Off"/>" to web.config in order to see the error)

Sounds like it has something to do with permissions,or ?
I hate to ask all these questions, but do you have any idea?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
"Attempt to write to a read-only database" (had to add "<customErrors mode="Off"/>" to web.config in order to see the error)

Sounds like it has something to do with permissions,or ?
I hate to ask all these questions, but do you have any idea?

Try changing your app pool identity to LocalSystem. This is not ideal and there probably is a better way but I can't test this just now.

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set apppool iPiMP -processModel.identityType:LocalService

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    He guys,

Excellent Plugin :)!!!

But im struggling with ipimp over the internet... I used port 100 because i was reading that port 80 is giving issues...
    Forward port 100 in the router.
    Then i login with my Ip Internet adres. <ip-adres>:100 and it wil not give a login screen...
    When i just put in the ip adress without the port i can login my speedtouch router..

Login in my homenetwork is no prob,.. just put the portnumber behind the intern ip and i can login

Please help me,.. this function will be very usefull to me

Greets Oekie

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I used port 100 because i was reading that port 80 is giving issues...

Where were you reading that? Port 80 is the standard http port.

Forward port 100 in the router.
    Then i login with my Ip Internet adres. <ip-adres>:100 and it wil not give a login screen...
    When i just put in the ip adress without the port i can login my speedtouch router..

Login in my homenetwork is no prob,.. just put the portnumber behind the intern ip and i can login

Sounds like a problem with your port forwarding on your router. Have you confirmed you're forwarding port 100 to your iPiMP web server IP address?

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tnx for the quick response...

About port 80,... somewere in this topic.... it can give issues with the login they told :?

And i put in port 100 in the field what you normaly left open... That wil be default port 80

greets oekie

But when i use port 80, with is open... I'll get the inlog screen from my router!?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    OK - on your home network when you go to http://<localip>:100/ you get a login screen

but from the internet when you go to http://<internetip>:100/ you get nothing

This indicates your port forwarding is not working or some other firewall is blocking the traffic.

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I turned it all back to port 80 because port 100 wasn't forwarded.... Some strange things going on in my router ;)
    Internal its working...

But when im using my extern ip with :80,.. i get the inlog screen from my router??!!

greets oek

It works.. i had to config my router to enable the nad-loop with telnet and use a different port as 80

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi i'm back again....

Now loggin in from outside is working, but the app is struggling now....
    I use to run on vista and that worked briljant. Now im running on xp and i can do everyting accept using the functions of my client...

So no remote, music, video's or messages?

Someone an idee were to look?

tnx in advance

Greets Oekie

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Hey Oekie - can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My Logs

Here they are...

But strange was that i could not find any logs from mp.....
    no logs,.... So i checked the config and wachdog was deisabled,.. maybe thats the reason..

Bu i hope i provide you with enough info

Tnx

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom