iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It works. Thank you sooooooooooo much :)

Just one more question now its working. When I enqueue tracks they add to the playlist but the the playlist starts all over again if it is already playing when I add new tracks. Am I doing something wrong?

Glad it works!

You're not doing anything wrong - that's the behavious of enqueueing at the moment. I'll look to change that with the next version.

tigermad

Portal Member
November 30, 2008
It works. Thank you sooooooooooo much :)

Just one more question now its working. When I enqueue tracks they add to the playlist but the the playlist starts all over again if it is already playing when I add new tracks. Am I doing something wrong?

Glad it works!

You're not doing anything wrong - that's the behavious of enqueueing at the moment. I'll look to change that with the next version.

Fantastic thanks. Also when you get to the last song thats been queued and you press the next button whilst its playing obviously nothing else plays. But once you have pressed the next button on the last track (while its playing) you can no longer go to the previous track, can you look into this too?

This is a great plugin and is just like my old squeezebox interface now. Well done!

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I attached them again, but im running a single seated. These logs are all i could find

Greets Oek

Try changing your MediaPortal log level to Debug in the configuration app, then run mediaportal and retyr the iPiMP client features. You should have a log named MediaPortal.log (generated by the MP client), this will contain iPiMP client plugin messages which will hopefully help.

Ow,. i missed this message.. I will do that when i'm back from work...
    tnx Cheezey

Oeps Cheezey:oops: i used the old logs,.. now i attached the new ones :sorry:

Attachments

• logtv.rar
      30.6 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I'm confused oekie!!

MediaPortal creates a log file called MediaPortal.log but your zips do not contain this. iPiMP logs to MediaPortal.log so I can't help further without this log file.

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Awesome plugin!

I just got around to migrating my setup over the Windows Server 2008 this weekend and couldn't be happier, and now I'm trying to setup iPiMP...

In installing the plugin on IIS7.0 I had to add a value in Web.config for timeout and cookietimeout as the supplied null values was preventing it from working. I just entered a large numerical value (525600 as suggested in the wiki) and it worked. It seems like this might be a bug (at least for IIS compatibility). Now I'm converting my tv logos to png files, and trying to configure the client.

I can get the application to show my tv listings (so it's obviously connected to tv-server), but when I try to add my client I can't connect (yes the plugin is enabled in MP). So I'm wondering, if there is there a simple way to debug this so I don't get the error "Could not connect..."

I've tried several TCP ports (and updated them in MediaPortal Configuration) with no luck and using both the computer name "SERVER" as well as it's IP address 192.168.0.4 all with no luck. Any ideas?

-Robert

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    In installing the plugin on IIS7.0 I had to add a value in Web.config for timeout and cookietimeout as the supplied null values was preventing it from working. I just entered a large numerical value (525600 as suggested in the wiki) and it worked. It seems like this might be a bug (at least for IIS compatibility). Now I'm converting my tv logos to png files, and trying to configure the client.

Yes - this is a bug in the installer - it updates the timeout values if you use the apache web server.

I can get the application to show my tv listings (so it's obviously connected to tv-server), but when I try to add my client I can't connect (yes the plugin is enabled in MP). So I'm wondering, if there is there a simple way to debug this so I don't get the error "Could not connect..."

I've tried several TCP ports (and updated them in MediaPortal Configuration) with no luck and using both the computer name "SERVER" as well as it's IP address 192.168.0.4 all with no luck. Any ideas?

-Robert

Here's a few things to try:
    • Try to telnet to the client port from the server.
    • Complete the steps in the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs and your iPiMPClients.db
    • Replace you iPiMPClient.db with an empty one from the Tips & Tricks section of the wiki and retry.

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    Thanks cheezy for your reply much appreciated! I figured out my problem, the iPimp plugin only works when I have a client window open (I should have realized this earlier because this is a process plugin for the client!) I was testing it previously on the machine with the client closed, hence why it could not connect.

Now that I play with it more I found two isses and a solution to one of them:

• Issue #1 In the Default.aspx file add the following line to get the MePo icon to show up as a favicon: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />

• Issue #2 on the remote the second page of buttons is looking at a different directory for the images
    Page 1 for example: http://server/MP/images/remote/bBack.png
    but page 2 is for example http://server/images/remote/bHome.png

notice how page two is jumping up a directory probably due to an extra ../ appended to the beginning of the image string, but I could not figure out what page is calling the images to make the change myself. I checked default.aspx and the include/remote.css files with no luck... any idea where this call is coming from, it seems it should be pretty simple for me to fix

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Issue #2 on the remote the second page of buttons is looking at a different directory for the images
    Page 1 for example: http://server/MP/images/remote/bBack.png
    but page 2 is for example http://server/images/remote/bHome.png

notice how page two is jumping up a directory probably due to an extra ../ appended to the beginning of the image string, but I could not figure out what page is calling the images to make the change myself. I checked default.aspx and the include/remote.css files with no luck... any idea where this call is coming from, it seems it should be pretty simple for me to fix

Have you setup iPiMP as a virtual directory (called MP) under an existing site? Or as a site in itself?

Charken

June 11, 2009
    Home Country
    I've installed this plug-in into my Windows 7 64bit OS a few days ago and WOW! it is fantastic. Very impressive work, thank you.

I have a few questions & comments though. I don't have a tuner card in my HTPC (I have Sky+ HD for that) so I just use my HTPC for downloaded and ripped content, as well as music & radio. The main thing I want to achieve is to be able use my iPhone as the main interface to the whole PC. Therefore is it possible to: -

• Have a built in QWERTY keyboard?
    • Have a mouse trackpad, this and the keyboard are like the Snatch application, I need to log into my HTPC when it starts up.
    • Can the apache web service can start the Media Portal client? At the moment MP has to be running for iPiMP to connect to it
    • Is there a plan to have iPiMP as an application available from the App store, there would be benefits here as each time I go into the app from the shortcut on the iPhone desktop it starts another Safari window.

Look forwards to any info / help / replies.

CK

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    Charken,

I can't answer all the questions you asked, but you for a couple of them I can offer a solution:
    • Have a mouse trackpad, this and the keyboard are like the Snatch application, I need to log into my HTPC when it starts up.
    • Can the apache web service can start the Media Portal client? At the moment MP has to be running for iPiMP to connect to it

One solution to this is in MP configuration there is an option to autostart Mediaportal on windows startup, and there is another option to minimize to tray, with both of these options enabled whenever you startup your machine you should be able to use iPiMP.

Have you setup iPiMP as a virtual directory (called MP) under an existing site? Or as a site in itself?

It's setup as a virtual directory (application) under an existing site. On the machine the there is the WWWroot folder for general HTTP requests and at the same level is a folder MP2 which contains the iPiMP folders aspx and utils, and I have the virtual directory setup for the aspx folder to be mapped at /MP. I also created a seperate virtual directory for the TVlogos that works perfect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom