iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
[*]Have a built in QWERTY keyboard?
[*]Have a mouse trackpad, this and the keyboard are like the Snatch application, I need to log into my HTPC when it starts up.

Charken I use the Jaadu VNC app for both these features. I also have my HTPCs autologging on though!

[*]Can the apache web service can start the Media Portal client? At the moment MP has to be running for iPiMP to connect to it

Charken I had a look at this but couldn't manage it, it's not as straight forward as just launching the app as the apache service runs in a specific context and MP has to be launched in the console context.

Is there a plan to have iPiMP as an application available from the App store, there would be benefits here as each time I go into the app from the shortcut on the iPhone desktop it starts another Safari window.

Charken Nope - I'ts an Asp.Net web application designed to be used in mobile safari. I don't have any objective-c (is that right :D) experience or the iPhone SDK.

Have you setup iPiMP as a virtual directory (called MP) under an existing site? Or as a site in itself?

It's setup as a virtual directory (application) under an existing site. On the machine the there is the WWWroot folder for general HTTP requests and at the same level is a folder MP2 which contains the iPiMP folders aspx and utils, and I have the virtual directory setup for the aspx folder to be mapped at /MP. I also created a seperate virtual directory for the TVlogos that works perfect.

mizzourob That's the issue. Try setting up a new site for iPiMP, to host multiple sites you'll either have to use host headers or a different TCP port or a different IP address.

pleibling

Portal Pro
October 10, 2006
hi cheezy, sorry for the delay. i try ipimp on my small business server 2008. but after installation my tvserver doen't work, so uninstall and install mp new (no problem with db backup ;)).

now i got a question:

mp tvserver is on my small busines server (sbs). i have some mp tv clients and one of them is my "masterclient" (vista 32bit). can i install ipimp on my "masterclient" and can i use all features of pimp, even the tvserver is not on this machine - or must ipimp installed on the mp tv server self?!?

thanks for your help :).

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi cheezy, sorry for the delay. i try ipimp on my small business server 2008. but after installation my tvserver doen't work, so uninstall and install mp new (no problem with db backup ;)).

now i got a question:

mp tvserver is on my small busines server (sbs). i have some mp tv clients and one of them is my "masterclient" (vista 32bit). can i install ipimp on my "masterclient" and can i use all features of pimp, even the tvserver is not on this machine - or must ipimp installed on the mp tv server self?!?

thanks for your help :).

I did begin with the idea of being able to run the iPiMP web server on any PC and remotely connect to any TV server, however during the development ythere were a few issues which meant that it would only work on the TV server. So most functions would probably work if iPiMP was installed on a different PC, unfortunately I don;t have a list of what wouldn't work.

I'd say though that you'd be better looking into why iPiMP caused you TV server to stop working (what version of TV server is it?).

cronqvist

Portal Member
September 22, 2008
Denmark
Hi

I have just installed this plugin but when I browse it i get the following errors:

"Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:08:01 UTC

Line: 143
Char: 17
Code: 0
URI: http://mywebsite/iPiMP/WebApp/Action/Logic.js

Line: 55
Char: 87
Code: 0
URI: http://mywebsite/iPiMP/WebApp/Action/Logic.js"

Any idea what is wrong?

I have tried both the Apache installation and using the IIS7

Thanx in advance

cronqvist

Portal Member
September 22, 2008
Denmark
Yes ... I use Internet Explorer. I have now tried the Iris Browser with better luck :) I also tried it with OperaMini ... but that didnt work well ... only background is shown.

gustavson

Portal Member
November 25, 2008
Home Country
Austria Austria
I see :(
but as dvbviewer has its own web interface I will try to exchange the links :)
and merge

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom