iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
First off, thanks to Cheezy for creating the most essential must have plugin for Mediaportal. Pretty impressed with the how well thought out it is, and I'm still discovering new features. I've only just discovered the WOL.

I had it working fine on my 3GS for a couple of weeks, but now it can't seem to connect. I can log in, browse TV schedules etc. However when I try to connect through Mediaportal clients tab it says it cannot connect. So I can't use the remote and all those other great features.

It is probably something I've done, but if anybody could give me a few pointer that would be great.

Sorry I don't have the same patience as previous poster to read all 800 posts.

Cheers

Rich

southie - Look in the troubleshooting section of the wiki and reset your client database.

- the enqueue feature always restarts the now playing track back to the beginning. very annoying.

Fixed in v4.0.0 :)

Have i missed something? Cannot find ver 4...?

disaster123 - he he - no you've not missed anything, 4.0.0 has not been released yet - I just thought the requester would like to know it made it into the rewrite (which will be 4.0.0)

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    How is the progress with 4.0.0? How long do we have to wait for it? :)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    How is the progress with 4.0.0? How long do we have to wait for it? :)

I would estimate about 80% complete so a number of weeks yet.

I have completed the TV server portions of iPiMP and most of the MP client portions. After that I'll redo the installer and then should be good to go.

I will be reusing the existing transcode plugin as it works but I want to change the way iPiMPdoes transcoding at the moment from converting the whole recording and streaming that to transcoding & streaming recordings/live tv/video/music on the fly. It's a big ask but that'll be the focus once 4.0.0 is released.

nicx

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great to read about your focus after v4 is released, thats my focus for mp since months now without success ;)

cant wait for it :)

nicx...

bt86bt

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2008
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use latest iPimp and MP 1.1 beta but cannot get into My Music and My Videos, nothing happens. I just have two questions, if there is some error-logg that iPimp generates, where can I find it? Is there any way to edit the shortcuts for the Remote Control?

Thanks for a wonderful plugin.

r0k5t4r

Portal Member
    September 7, 2009
    Is there also a known problem with the beta regarding watching recordings?

Because if i click on watch I'm told the recording hasn't been transcoded yet and if I'd like to do this now. I click on yes and the transcoding runs fine. The file is created, I can see and watch it from my htpc. But on the iPhone it always tells me that the file hasn't been transcoded yet?

Could this be because I'm using MP Beta?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    I use latest iPimp and MP 1.1 beta but cannot get into My Music and My Videos, nothing happens. I just have two questions, if there is some error-logg that iPimp generates, where can I find it? Is there any way to edit the shortcuts for the Remote Control?

Thanks for a wonderful plugin.

bt86bt - iPiMP logs to the default MediaPortal.log - have a look in there for any issues. Also it is not possilble to edit the remote control buttons, possibly in a future version.

Is there also a known problem with the beta regarding watching recordings?

Because if i click on watch I'm told the recording hasn't been transcoded yet and if I'd like to do this now. I click on yes and the transcoding runs fine. The file is created, I can see and watch it from my htpc. But on the iPhone it always tells me that the file hasn't been transcoded yet?

Could this be because I'm using MP Beta?

r0k5t4r - it could well be. I'm aware of an issue with scheduling recordings with the latest beta. I shall look into this issue to ensure it works with the new iPiMP version. It would be helpful to see you logs, can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

All - there looks to be a few issues cropping up with iPiMP 3.5.0 - these will be fixed in 4.0.0 but not in 3.5.0 If you do find any more please post them and I'll track them in the wiki.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom