iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
Installation woes

hiya cheezey...love your work.

Since about 3-4 versions ago, I can't get a clean install happening. Install is failing at the configure plugin stage (also when uninstalling). I have to clear the error 8 times, but then get msg that ipimp is installed.

I tried all the suggesions I could find in the thread, along with a variety of troubleshooting tricks, and it has me stumped.

Most of the menus work, but can't view recorded programs, nor transcode. The plugin just freezes in MP TV config.

Have collected the logs I could find to the best of my ability...

Any assistance most gratefully received...

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• ipimpfiles.rar
    30.6 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hiya cheezey...love your work.

Since about 3-4 versions ago, I can't get a clean install happening. Install is failing at the configure plugin stage (also when uninstalling). I have to clear the error 8 times, but then get msg that ipimp is installed.

I tried all the suggesions I could find in the thread, along with a variety of troubleshooting tricks, and it has me stumped.

Most of the menus work, but can't view recorded programs, nor transcode. The plugin just freezes in MP TV config.

Have collected the logs I could find to the best of my ability...

Any assistance most gratefully received...

Thanks,
Mike

Yes - for the next version I will resolve the install issue so that if the configure plugin fails then it gives a better error.

Why it's failing though is the question, are you running a TV server SVN? or RC4 or below? There is an error in your TV server log when you enter the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 configuration page in SetupTV which I think I saw in an older version of TV server.

You could try to manually uninstall iPiMP and then reinstall and see if that fixes anything, to do a manual uninstall:

Close your MediaPortal client and stop your TV Server service then:

At a command prompt run
  • C:\Program Files\iPiMP\apache\bin\httpd.exe -k stop -n iPiMPweb
  • C:\Program Files\iPiMP\apache\bin\httpd.exe -k uninstall -n iPiMPweb

Delete the following files
  • C:\Program Files\iPiMP\*.*
  • C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\iPiMPConfigurePlugin.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\iPiMPTranscodeClient.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\iPiMPTranscodeToMP4.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\iPiMPClient.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\iPiMP.xml

Delete the following registry key
  • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnInstall\iPiMP\*.*

Thanks for your quick reply, here's an update:

I can contact iPiMP over the internet (now), should have been my router that was confused, booted the thing and it worked, super :)

The preview thumbs are beeing generated with normal recordings (scheduled recording from the iPiMP interface) and I think they are NOT beeing generated when pressing the record button on my MCE remote (manual recording), let it record for a 1 minute, and stop the active recording.

Another thing I noticed was, that when I add a recording within iPiMP, the web page "freezes" (after it told me the scheduled was added) and have to reopen iPiMP again from the bookmarks.

Thanks again, super app, will post more comments when I used the program some more :)

Thumbnail generation happens when a recording is transcoded, so either manually through the iPiMP transcode page, or by the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 plugin on a schedule or immediately after a recording ends depending on how you have it configured.

I'll look into the 'freezing' issue.

rhartinger

Portal Pro
May 28, 2008
Hi cheezey

I tried different recordings. Everyone has the same failure. Another thing is. When I go to the Remote Buttons on Second Site. Click on TV Records or TV Guide. The HTPC with Win XP goes back to the WIN Login picture

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
Thanks Cheezey.

Tried the manual removal, but still the same result...

I have tried installing on MP1.0 mostly. Updated to latest SVN a couple of days ago, so I suppose it won't install cleanly for me in both those scenarios.

Cheez...er...Cheers!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks Cheezey.

Tried the manual removal, but still the same result...

I have tried installing on MP1.0 mostly. Updated to latest SVN a couple of days ago, so I suppose it won't install cleanly for me in both those scenarios.

Cheez...er...Cheers!

I posted a 3.3.1 version for SVN users a few days ago. Have a look back through the last few pages of posts.

Hi cheezey

I tried different recordings. Everyone has the same failure. Another thing is. When I go to the Remote Buttons on Second Site. Click on TV Records or TV Guide. The HTPC with Win XP goes back to the WIN Login picture

Do you have an MCE remote? If so what happens on your XP machine when you use the TV Recordings or Tv Guide buttons on that?

CorruptByte

Portal Member
April 25, 2006
Miami, FL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great Plug-in

Hi Cheezey,

I thought I would take the time to compliment you on this plugin. The direction you're taking it truly has some of the most useful features I can think of. It's just everything I would want a Media Portal interface to have, so great work.

When I installed the latest version of the plug-in for MediaPortal 1.0, I received the error about gentle.config. A quick read in the forums indicated I needed to move the gentle.config file from one location to another and I found the file you posted that needed to go in the iPiMP directory. After reading your PDF and going through the whole process I was up and running in about 15 minutes. I think you did an excellent job with the instructions. The look and feel of the interface is also very nice.

Today I had to disable the plug-in, because since I have installed it, the plug-in seems to randomly cause my TV Server to freeze. When my TV Server would freeze, nothing appears in the error.log, however, each time it happened and at the exact time it would freeze iPiMP was always the last entry in the tv.log. I would typically see something like this...

2009-02-11 17:58:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 17=01
2009-02-11 18:08:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 18=01
2009-02-11 18:18:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 18=01
2009-02-11 18:28:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 18=01
2009-02-11 18:38:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 18=01
2009-02-11 18:48:26.890625 [9] : plugin: iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 - transcode thread time to sleep : 18=01

I am not running an SVN version and I have not seen the system crash since disabling both the TV Server and TV Client iPiMP plug-ins. During my trial of the plug-in, I was able to use the iPhone interface just fine over my wi-fi connection at home. Everything from the iPhone interface seems to work fairly well... Except when I'm on a slow Edge connection, but I can't fault you for that :).

Overall I was very happy to try this plug-in out. I can't wait to see what comes out of the next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom