iPhone interface for MediaPortal (iPiMP) - original thread (now closed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I rolled back to MP 1.0.2 and using the same configuration I can successfully schedule recordings trough iPiMP, so the problem seems to be related to the version 1.1.0 Beta 1 version of MP. Hopefully I get all the other stuff working as I want. In that case I could be satisfied with the current configuration for a while. :)

Thanks anyway cheezey!

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
That's good to know - I'll ensure schedules work in the re-written iPiMP with both MP 1.0.2 & 1.1.0

Surf4pay

February 9, 2005
Just awesome

Hi,

Just wanted to drop a note to say well done. I've been using MP for years and just bought an iPod touch this week. The plugin is awesome, best one yet. I've been trying to get a decent wi-fi remote for years and you've done a free one!

Best feature is to be able to give the kids the 5 minute warning with a screen message and then 5 minutes later put another message saying "go to sleep!" followed by a shutdown of their PC!

Really hope you get the live TV streaming to work!

Thanks

Surfy

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Best feature is to be able to give the kids the 5 minute warning with a screen message and then 5 minutes later put another message saying "go to sleep!" followed by a shutdown of their PC!

Really hope you get the live TV streaming to work!

He he. I use it to send the teenage kids a message saying 'Turn it down, I'm trying to get to sleep.'

I've got a couple of ideas about live TV using some new features of OS3, so fingers crossed!

Glad you enjoy it.

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi. When I install the program, the plugin is the only selectable option. Should all options be available, like apache?

edit: i just clicked something wrong,, I think

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Phew 800 posts

Well done outstanding work and answering of questions. I just installed it and worked thru every basic issue by reading, most were covered in the 800 previous posts, you are a patient man you only repeated yourself 100 times for some issues.

What I learn't

IPhone works great - Remember to enable the accept cookies and tap the sliders not slide them

WM6.1 works with Opera although its hard to hit the buttons, much easier with IRIS but could not get the streaming to workin either. I have Coreplayer 1.3.5 and it will play an MP4 but i do not understand if there is a difference when its streamed.

Chome on my XP machine did the same, you can navigate but it does not open quicktime when you try and open a MP4 stream that has been transcoded (works on the Iphone).

Has anyone got the streaming to work on a PC and WM6 device - Can you post the player and browser you used.

I played with the transcoding client and it seemed no matter how low I went on the video and audio settings it seemed to produce the same quality and MP4 size, only the audio gets out of sync. Has anyone done some work on this I was trying to see how low you could go and it is still watchable. Seems the defaults work on 3G so its not a show stopper.

I use it on W2K8 x86 MP 1.0.2 using your apache and its worked although I started with Ipimp 3.5.

If I can get the WOL working I look forward to starting and stopping my 4 year olds Media Portal machine remotely and when she learns how to read give her the 5 min warning.....

:D for what you have done Cheezey

southie

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    iPimp

First off, thanks to Cheezy for creating the most essential must have plugin for Mediaportal. Pretty impressed with the how well thought out it is, and I'm still discovering new features. I've only just discovered the WOL.

I had it working fine on my 3GS for a couple of weeks, but now it can't seem to connect. I can log in, browse TV schedules etc. However when I try to connect through Mediaportal clients tab it says it cannot connect. So I can't use the remote and all those other great features.

It is probably something I've done, but if anybody could give me a few pointer that would be great.

Sorry I don't have the same patience as previous poster to read all 800 posts.

Cheers

Rich

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom