iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
iPiMP 5.1.0 is released, the big new feature is the addition of TV Series.

Live streaming is also greatly improved thanks to the latest version of the SmoothStreaming Apache module and numerous iPiMP code updates, you can now stream live TV, TV recordings and TV Series files. More will follow in future versions.

Streaming TV Series
The only condition is that the iPiMP web server has to be able to access your TV Series files, this isn't a problem if you are running in single seat mode, but if you want to stream TV series from remote clients you will have to update your TV Series to use UNC paths and ensure they can be accessed from the TV server. If the iPiMP web server cannot access a file it will not offer the stream option.

Streaming Recordings
With the introduction of live streaming of recordings, there is less of the need for the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 plugin. I have left the installer as is for the moment so if you select single seat then it will still install the iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 TV server plugin. This may change in the future depending on feedback. I can see a point where I remove transcode plugin and the MP client controller (MPCC) plugin from the iPiMP installer and deploy them separately.

Streaming points
This is still EXPERIMENTAL. Don't get me wrong it is much improved in this version (I hope you'll agree ;-) ), but there are likely to be bugs/issues still. One I have noticed now and again is when I stop a stream, although the web app informs me it has stopped, when you look it is still actually streaming. In that specifc case I refresh my browser, select TV Server Status > Streaming Status and stop it again, and this time it does stop. This is a minor issue with the Framework I'm using and I'll continue to investigate but I didn't think this was a big enough issue to delay this release.

Streaming to non-iPhone devices
I have added a Flash player, so you are now presented with a play button (for Apple iDevice streams), a stop button, a Silverlight button and a Flash button, that should cover most things :D

There's a few feature requests & other bugfixes included, remote control page 3, an option to not sort lists, an option to set the number of days displayed in the tv guide and the MPCC plugin now honours MP's enqueue next setting.

There's also a new language - Italian - thanks to g.sigalotti. Also thanks to all the other translators for the new strings. Read the sticky post on adding new languages if your isn't covered.

The MP client controller (MPCC) process plugin has also undergone many changes, a lot were to support Yatse and there was a fair bit of rework in iPiMP to accommdate those. A few of the big changes with the MPCC plugin are:
  • the client plugin now auto-register with the iPiMP web app, so you no longer need to manually add your clients (you still can though if you want) - this works by sending out a broadcast packet every minute on UDP 55667 so you may need to add this if you use windows firewall.
  • there is a minimum supported version of TV Series (2.6.3), Moving Pictures (1.0.6) and FanArt Handler (2.2.1) - if your installed versions do not meet these minimum requirements then those menu options will not appear in the client menu
  • the plugin now has two listeners, a tcp one used by iPiMP and an http one used by Yatse, this means that 2 tcp ports are used, you can still change the tcp one (55667 by default), the http one listens on tcp+1 (so 55668 by default) If you regularly change the 55667 port read the TipAndTricks section of the wiki as there is some important information you need to be aware of.

For this reason, the 5.1.0 install will not retain your existing iPiMP database, this means that you will use any existing users you've setup. So remember to login with admin/admin and change your password on first logon.

Minimum MP version is 1.1.0
Maximum MP version is 1.1.1
NOT TESTED ON MP 1.2.0 Alpha

Change log
Download here (you only need to download the iPiMPSetup 5.1.0.755.exe file)
The Wiki (including install instructions) is also on the Google code site
The source is up on Google code

to help support continued iPiMP development

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thx, I'm running 1.2.0 alpha. So will test & report back if it works.

So far, so good! No problems found as of yet. Only thing found is; The home button isn't working? (back works)

Yeah - this happens on a few screens, I suspect if you hit Home a few time's it'd work - it's something to do with the WebApp.Net framework that I'm looking into.

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Thx, I'm running 1.2.0 alpha. So will test & report back if it works.

So far, so good! No problems found as of yet. Only thing found is; The home button isn't working? (back works)

Yeah - this happens on a few screens, I suspect if you hit Home a few time's it'd work - it's something to do with the WebApp.Net framework that I'm looking into.

Already thought is was a more common thing and not related to 1.2.0. Which framework are you using btw, did you had a change to look at the sencha touch framework already?

EDIT"

The whole app, seems to be a bit "slugisch". A lot of loading stuff is going on, channel logo's makes it slow etc etc. Just scrolled a bit through the code. You are not caching anything. Isn't it better to use a manifest cache to save a lot of stuff on the mobile device instead of loading it every time?

webcris77

Portal Pro
October 31, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm unable to see video when i stream over 3g...i see a black screen and i can hear only stream audio.
When i stream in LAN i can see video and audio ok...
CAn anyone help me?
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom