iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (2 Viewers)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
How many kbits for corretc streaming?

It'll be trial and error I'm afraid. The defaults work with my (and others) setup, but it's dependent on your individual setup (upload bandwidth, other traffic etc. ). The bitrates haven't changed between 5.0.0 and 5.1.0, just a couple of the encoding settings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well it's a testserver installation, so it's not really surprising that there are many errors ;)

Now i tried to view a recording and instead of only getting "no streaming" i get the countdown and then the menu which sort of stream i like .

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

if i install on Clients with Option 4, i get an Error like "URL reservation failed" and Installation is aborting. Any Ideas?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

if i install on Clients with Option 4, i get an Error like "URL reservation failed" and Installation is aborting. Any Ideas?

The install doesn't abort - it has just finished. The URL reservation is the last thing it does.

Look here.

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    in italy maximum upload adsl bandwhit in 200-300 kbit... so i think that cool plugin is unusable.. sorry.
    but why with old 5.0.1 i see correctly? what change you made?

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In attachment i can show my adsl test.:D

Attachments

• Schermata 2010-11-14 a 08.41.04.png
      Schermata 2010-11-14 a 08.41.04.png
      40.2 KB

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    in italy maximum upload adsl bandwhit in 200-300 kbit... so i think that cool plugin is unusable.. sorry.
    but why with old 5.0.1 i see correctly? what change you made?

On the streaming side there many changes to make it more stable. There is a new SmoothStreaming Apache module and a new FFMpeg with fragmented MP4 support. As I've said before the changes to the actual default streaming parameters (in config.xml and libx264-iPiMP.preset) have not changed very much.

You could look at this thread to see if it gives you any ideas to try with the libx264 presets.

You can also check the differences yourself between 5.0.0 config.xml and 5.1.0 config.xml and revert any changes.

What have you tried so far?

If you can't get his to work in your setup and streaming is a must then you can always revert to iPiMP 5.0.1

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Excuseme to try to decrease bitrate i have to change -b 256k in -b 192 ? After is sufficient to restart TVserver?
    :confused:
    Tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom