iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you running iPiMP in single seat MP setup?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure if the question was intended for me, but Yes, i'm running single seat setup.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you running iPiMP in single seat MP setup?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure if the question was intended for me, but Yes, i'm running single seat setup.

Sorry - it was intended for you.

The option to stream a TV series episode is shown on the actual Episode page. You should see Stream & Play options, the play option is to start the episode in your MP client.

Do you see this on the episode page?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      82.6 KB

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi cheezey, have you evaluate the xcode framework to build an iphone ipad native app for your ipimp plugin?

I think that is a good solution to solve the agnostic navigation that affect the actual web interface.

In other word, now when you have to change a live streamed channel, you have to go on home screen, stop the live stream, an then you have to choose a new channel, click on stream and after on play...SO this method is non best for end-user experience prospective. Is for thecnical people.

SO if you create a simple app that automatically stop and play the actual stream when wou choose a new channel, i think is the best way.

Other issue open is on streaming in 3g mode from the latest 5.1 release on iphone/ipad you can't control the flow in smoostreming like when we have 5.0.1.550.

If i install the old plugin (5.0.1.550) iphone and ipad streaming with 600Kbit of network upload bandwith is very good and the streaming work very well.

Thanks
    Cris

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't own a Mac, am not a member of the Apple development program or have any experience with objective-c, my limited programming skills are based around Microsoft.NET & HTML - that's the reason iPiMP is a web app - that and I like the idea of being able to use it from a number of devices.

As for the streaming issue, yes I'm aware of the problem and will look to resolve it in the next version. I am however busy with other things at the moment so haven't been able to put a lot of time into iPiMP dev recently, that's why there hasn't been a great deal of movement.

plotto

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    AKL
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I am getting an error (!!!FUBAR!!!) when I try to connect to my TV Series.
    The TV series are stored on a portable drive connected to the TV Server.
    I also dont have the option to stream any of the Movies I have (Which are stored on the same drive)
    Could I please get some advice on how I can go about fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

otto

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

Does this plugin run also on cheaper alternative to iPAD like this one Tablet PC 1 / Tablet PC 2
    Must there be a specific operating system on it?

A controller as an external touch screen display is not possible, so I can see the skin of MEPO !

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

you need a browser based on "webkit". i think that's all you need to use iPimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom