iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

zaxxa

Portal Member
December 17, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Sirs,
It's possible to control via ipimp an external player like as arcsoft?
Kiss

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

Just to let you know that if you encounter a format compatibility issue when streaming from your TV server to an Android smartphone, a solution can exist by simply installing vplayer on your smartphone.

I have IPimp 5.2.0 running for quite a while now, with great succes, on MP 1.2.3.
(I actually installed it on 1.2.0 and just upgraded the server and client without giving any attention to IPimp).

My setup is a Mediaportal multiseat environment, and my smartphone is an android 2.3 gingerbread.
Until yesterday, I was trying to stream live TV to my smartphone using the flash functionality. What anoyed me a bit was the information about the bitrate on the screen.

The day before yesterday I had a friend on visit and we tried to use the play button for streaming. With his older android 2.0 phone it worked. With my phone an error about data format compatibility was preventing regular use. The stream we have to look at in this case is an m3u8 file.

The proble is now solved by installing the vlplayer app and using this player for watching live TV streams on the phone.

RNDThoughts

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Letchworth
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've picked up the source code to iPiMP and re-compiled against the MP 1.3 binaries. I'm going to test things for a bit and i'd like to continue development myself as a fork of the original project, obviously retaining the fact that cheezey is the original author of this cracking plugin, unless anyone has any objections?

Last edited:

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I'm more than happy for you to take the reins on iPiMP. You'll all have noted I have not updated this in 18months, this is due to changes in personal circumstance and changes in technology (I'm a Windows Phone user now).

@RNDThoughts - I'm happy to answer any questions you may have with the code - that's if I remember it myself. ;)

RNDThoughts

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Letchworth
Home Country
Trying to decide whether to pick up ipimp or look at making an iphone skin for webmediaportal. Are people still using ipimp and would appreciate me moving it on? I am unaware of any other iphone solutions at this time...

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
I still use it. Would be good if I will still be able to use it when I finally upgrade to 1.30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom