iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta (3 Viewers)

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I'm using iPimp on my Android phone. This works very well except for streaming.
On my PC Flash streaming and Silverlight streaming is working, in all browsers except opera, maybe an update of swplayer will help?
And I can play the .m3u8 stream in VLC player (on PC), only it reloads the stream every 5 seconds or so.
Has anybody achieved streaming video on Android?

I have the exact same issue. Works in flash and silverlight...

Android audio only i think/iPod Touch audio only/VLC reloads every 5 seconds or more then audio only

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Cheezy,

Thanks for the great plugin. I have a (minor) issue, though.

My primary use for iPiMP is for controlling the music played by MP. I like having the TV showing the "Now Playing" screen while I browse for new music. When I launch new music the following happens:
    1. Now Playing exits to the music browsing window
    2. When switching again to Now Playing the currently playing info is empty and Fanart Handler does not show fanart.
    3. There is no go to Now Playing button in iPiMP (minor).

A last small thing I noticed: On the iPad the web interface redraws visibly. So if I press a menu selection, the screen goes blank for a fraction of the time, then it is drawn again, then the item is selected and then the transition to the next screen happens (which sometime blinks blank as well). Is there something to do about that?

xpe

Portal Member
    April 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thanks for the great plugin. It does work great for me on my PC and my Android phone except for two issues. The search function (under TV program) does not work for me. It always returns "no results". The search in the desktop site is working though. Unfortunately selecting programs from the desktop site for recording sometimes result in multiple recording entries for the same program. I don't know how to reproduce it yet. Maybe this is a known bug and I've just missed it !?

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Hi Cheezey,

Thanks again for your work!
    Is there any option to access the transcoded MP4s out of the IPmP GUI?
    How can i force the "transcodeToMP4" plugin to use a preset that is not present in your dropdown list?

Regards
    Olli

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Cheezy,

Thanks for the great plugin. I have a (minor) issue, though.

My primary use for iPiMP is for controlling the music played by MP. I like having the TV showing the "Now Playing" screen while I browse for new music. When I launch new music the following happens:
    1. Now Playing exits to the music browsing window
    2. When switching again to Now Playing the currently playing info is empty and Fanart Handler does not show fanart.
    3. There is no go to Now Playing button in iPiMP (minor).

This behaviour is hard coded in the MPCC plugin, I'll see what I can do to make it configurable.

A last small thing I noticed: On the iPad the web interface redraws visibly. So if I press a menu selection, the screen goes blank for a fraction of the time, then it is drawn again, then the item is selected and then the transition to the next screen happens (which sometime blinks blank as well). Is there something to do about that?

This is more difficult, the page transitions are all handled by the WebApp.Net javascript framework, such flickering used to be seen on the iphone too but has improved over time, I'm not sure where the development of WebApp.Net is going as there hasn't been an update for over a year now.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Thanks for the great plugin. It does work great for me on my PC and my Android phone except for two issues. The search function (under TV program) does not work for me. It always returns "no results". The search in the desktop site is working though. Unfortunately selecting programs from the desktop site for recording sometimes result in multiple recording entries for the same program. I don't know how to reproduce it yet. Maybe this is a known bug and I've just missed it !?

The desktop site is still in its very early stages so is likely to have bugs.

Please read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.
    :D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Is there any option to access the transcoded MP4s out of the IPmP GUI?
    This was removed in iPiMP 5.2.0, I didn't think it was required as recordings can now be streamed using the same streaming solution for live TV.

How can i force the "transcodeToMP4" plugin to use a preset that is not present in your dropdown list?
    Which preset do you want to use? The presets lists *should* match those which are released with the specific version of transcoders included.

The iPiMPTranscodeToMP4 plugin allows you to enter a full set of command line parameters, you could use this.

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Hi Cheezy,

I would like to use the IPad preset. Do i have to enter all Parameters at the script window, or is there a way to "overwrite" the used preset only?
    May you can provide the cmd to me, that was used to start your transcoding plugIn with a given filename?

Thanks,
    Olli

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Hi Cheezy,

I would like to use the IPad preset. Do i have to enter all Parameters at the script window, or is there a way to "overwrite" the used preset only?
    May you can provide the cmd to me, that was used to start your transcoding plugIn with a given filename?

Thanks,
    Olli

I need to update the presets in the plugin, i'll include this in the next release.

In the meantime the command lines for each preset are listed on the Handbrake wiki.

So the iPad one should be

Code:
    -i {0} -o {1} -e x264 -q 20.0 -r 29.97 --pfr  -a 1 -E faac -B 160 -6 dpl2 -R Auto -D 0.0 -f mp4 -4 -X 1024 --loose-anamorphic -m

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Thanks,

..and how can i trigger encoding via CMD, if i know how to start encoding, i can trigger encoding using a .bat-file.

Thanks,
    Olli

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom