iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

newbie_here

Portal Member
November 29, 2011
AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Hi all,

nobody running iPiMP with MP 1.2.1?

Would like to hear/see how you installed MPClientController.

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Streaming to Iphones and Ipod touches (the original reason for this plugin) still seems to be very broken and there have been no suggestions for solutions on the issues that I can find. Safari opens a new browser windows (new behaviour) and only streams audio - no video. Video streams fine over desktop although silverlight seems to squish everything to 4:3 (haven't checked settings) and the flash graph overlay thing is impossible to get rid of (even using the flash.htm file linked to in another thread). I cannot get the mp4 stream to work on any windows application though.

I *think* this may be related older generation devices upgraded to the latest IOS they will accept but I'm not certain. I can't run older Ipimp versions on MP1.2.1 to test the problem so this "beta" is basically the only option I have. I will test this on latest gen Iphone in a bit but it seems that this plugin is broken for the time being with no news.

Cheezey must be busy with other things at the moment and he will fix this (this is, after all, all done on his own time and I doubt donations are numerous) but does anyone else have any clues in the meantime?

Edit: Fixed the overlay problem (see overlay thread). Also confirmed this works on latest gen ipods and, of course, iphones. So it's definitely the older gen products stuck at that last IOS update (3. whatever) that it doesn't work on.

This is a problem. Sure I can use my newer phone for streaming via iPimp but one of the things that made my old iPod so useful (until I upgraded MP to 1.2.1 recently along with the iPimp upgrade) was the fact I could use its battery around the house streaming which leaves the phone free for other things. The newer the smartphone the faster those batteries get sucked dry so its great to be able to keep those old devices working as well.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Will there be an upgrade to work with 1.2.2? I want to use the remote client controls and unfortunately it's saying that it's no longer compatible.

lxx_33

Portal Member
March 9, 2009
Hi,
]
I just bought an ipod thouch and installed ipimp. It's a great app and even with the streaming everything works fine.
It's really an amazing plugin. I have only one problem.
I can see my tvseries with ipimp, but no moving pictures.
When a searched google for an answer it says to alter some lines in ipimp.xlm. But i can't find that file.
I have a seperate ipimp folder in programfiles where there is a config.xlm but can't find the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\iPiMP.xml and change:

<name="My Videos" code="999999">
line 213 change to read
<button name="MovingPictures" code="74">

hope somebody can help me.

tnx

Fasterpast

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    So... I also have "sound only" on my ipod touch. Any chances to solve it?
    iPod 3g FW 4.2.1 no jb.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm currently testing with an HTC Desire S and the streaming, even of live TV, works quite nicely.
    (There is a weird graph that has significant information that is not usefull for a user that I need to switch off somehow)

I still don't have any luck in remote controlling the HTPC from a phone. To that effect, if someone is using windows 7 server and windows 7 client successfully, please give us a sign of life.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.2.0 for MP 1.2.0 Beta

Is someone working on iPimP or is it frozen?

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm currently testing with an HTC Desire S and the streaming, even of live TV, works quite nicely.
    (There is a weird graph that has significant information that is not usefull for a user that I need to switch off somehow)

I still don't have any luck in remote controlling the HTPC from a phone. To that effect, if someone is using windows 7 server and windows 7 client successfully, please give us a sign of life.

Back on page 8 you'll see a couple of posts with the solution. They point you here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ipimp-518/flash-overlay-97558/

The wife has an older iPhone and iPimp doesn't play anything on it.

I have a windows 7 phone and I can't play back anything on it.

The wife also has a Blackberry Playbook. She can stream tv using flash but can't get out of the player and has to power off her device, then remember to go back in and stop the stream. She doesn't bother trying anymore.

We just gave up on this one for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom