IPTV not working (1 Viewer)

lwenco

Portal Member
March 2, 2010
hi stepko,

thanks for your quick reply as well ;) and especially for the hint with the firewall. I disabled the win7 firewall completly and the scan works now :)
I checked the firewall settings again and tvservice as well as mediaportal is in the list of programms which have access to the internet on public and work/home network. It's really confusing why it's not working with that settings. I readded those programms to the exception list, but still not working, so at the moment I'm running my system without the win7 firewall.

Do you have any special settings in your firewall to allow the service to access the internet? The only thing in my mediaportal installation which is different from standard is the tvserver port, I'm using 564 instead of the standard one, maybe that's the fault!?

:D

dimka

Portal Pro
January 20, 2009
Hillerod
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Iwenco,

I see you have several ehternet interfaces both physical and tunneled. Try to force MP to bind on physical address. Put your IP in m3u list like this

udp://192.168.1.1@239.0.2.60:8208

It should use "username" as bind IP.

Stepko. Have noticed small bug done either by me or you :) Here
if (get_string) {
CoTaskMemFree(get_string);
username = NULL;
}

@all. I am doing the extending of that filter to handle pre-auth functionality. It can be used in scenario when provider keeps hidden real URLs but requires to send login/password/whatever in order to get real URL with token/key/whatever. I plan to done it in a way that filter looks in special directory and loads all pre-auth libs dynamicly. When URL comes to Load function it's compared to standard UDP, RTP, HTTP protocols and if it not matches - compares with loaded "protocols". If matching is found then GetRealURL function of that lib is called and returns one of "primitive" UDP, RTP, HTTP URLs. Which are procesed futher..

The main code will be stayd unchanged while people will be able to develop they "auth plugins" for their particular networks/providers. But still - Will it be intrested for the community ?

dimka

j1nx

Portal Pro
July 16, 2005
Nice progress so far!

Stepko, I will test your latest version this evening. The last version of Dimka worked perfectly. Scanning picked up all the channels and watching was OK as well. Zapping speed was mostly dominated by the buffer of udpxy on the router, which was previously set to 4 Mb (now at the standard 2 Mb). The new router is online, so the streams should be served better to you and Dimka for testing purposes. Let me know if it still gives a crappy picture. I have some problems to get igmpproxy running on the machine, but when it is, I will give you both a VPN account on the network as well. That account can be used to access all the 146 streams by UDP. So whenever you guys do something, you can validate if you did not break the UDP part of the filter.

dimka, In my opinion please continue with the pre-auth plug in system. I will not use it by myself, but we have to consider watching TV over the internet as the future. UDP/RTP/HTTP with and/or without authentication. The providers will most likely not comply with the standards and go there own way. Having some sort of plugging system will make life easier for everybody.

I hope that all this nice work of you guys will be paid of by inserting this new filter into the main stream MP version.

BTW, one question/comment, but don't know if this is filter or MP related.

I have sorted my playlist in some sort of chronological order, but when scanning in MP it does not find channel numbers and puts them all at channel 1000. Fine by me, I think the channel is frequency based and DVB-IP does not work with frequencies. BUT ...... This makes sorting in MP a hell! Every time I have to manually sort the channels in MP (146 channels is annoying, believe me). Is there a way to have the scanning mechanism use some sort of incremental channel numbers. 1000 for the first one found, 1001 for the second, etc. In that way it automatically use the sorting order of my M3U list.

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: IPTV not working

Hi,

lwenco: I don't use the Win7 firewall at all, so I don't know what is going wrong with it. The TVServer port (564 in your case) is used to stream from the server to MP-Clients. You should check if the TVServer can open port 8208, which is used by your provider.

dimka: Of course thats your bug :D
    Do you know when clear() is called? If it's called right before the class gets destroyed, the bug wouldn't cause anything bad. I will check that and upload a fixed version if neseccary.

My provider just uses regular rtp streams for iptv. Thats why I don't really see the need of a pre-auth mechanism. But perhaps you can show me some examples for that. I don't think that it is a good approach that you need special ddls for that. I don't think that people later would use them. Are there any standarts for pre-auths? Perhaps it's possible to implement them and use some sort of xml-file for address/usernames/password/whatever? And what happens if the provider needs an authentication to send the stream to the client?

j1nx: I don't think that the filter can affect the channel numbers in MP. So this seems to be MP related, sorry.

Sepko

Edit: The function clear() is called from within the destructor. So the "bug" doesn't do anything.

Automate

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a way to have the scanning mechanism use some sort of incremental channel numbers. 1000 for the first one found, 1001 for the second, etc. In that way it automatically use the sorting order of my M3U list.

You can modify your M3U list. The number after the #EXTINF: is the channel number, it just defaults to 10000 so

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:50,Ned 1
    http://192.168.254.254:8888/udp/233.81.233.161:10294

Will set Ned 1 to MP channel 50

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Is there a way to have the scanning mechanism use some sort of incremental channel numbers. 1000 for the first one found, 1001 for the second, etc. In that way it automatically use the sorting order of my M3U list.

You can modify your M3U list. The number after the #EXTINF: is the channel number, it just defaults to 10000 so

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:50,Ned 1
    http://192.168.254.254:8888/udp/233.81.233.161:10294

Will set Ned 1 to MP channel 50

You got to be kidding me. I had that in the first place, until I read somewhere that, that number refers to the length of the track. With streams this should be set to -1.

Anyway will change it back then, see how it goes.

Automate

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe it does not work that way any more but it seemed to work that way on a previous version from the TV Server plug-in IPTV thread.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Maybe it does not work that way any more but it seemed to work that way on a previous version from the TV Server plug-in IPTV thread.

This does not work (anymore). Cleared all channels, putted the incremental numbers as described in the m3u. All found channels have channel number 10000.

Anyway, used the latest filter from stepko in this test. Everything works ok, all chanels were found.

Now for the next thing on the list, what to do with my radio channels? How does DVB-IP radio work with this filter?

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: IPTV not working

Now for the next thing on the list, what to do with my radio channels? How does DVB-IP radio work with this filter?
    DAB-IP doesn't work with this filter. Its just for TV. Did you try to get the radio running with the inbuild web-Radio? It should work with that.

Stepko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom