IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (2 Viewers)

vic20

January 4, 2008
Just one problem to solve to get me started: i downloaded the capturecarddefinition.xml from the post on this topic and when i try to add new card i get twice in a row: "cant create graph for this device" and then i cant autotune. any ideas what i´m doing wrong?
i´m at work at the moment but will try later this evening. I get it to work in media player and graphedit.

tutmut2000

Portal Member
August 30, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Is it enough to change only the name of muxer in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file or do I have to change anything else for registered muxer to work in MP?
What features should the muxer support?

Vic20, you should check if the names of all 3 DirectShow filters in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml are the same as they are registered on your system. I believe they are not in your case.

vic20

January 4, 2008
Is it enough to change only the name of muxer in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file or do I have to change anything else for registered muxer to work in MP?

Vic20, you should check if the names of all 3 DirectShow filters in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml are the same as they are registered on your system. I believe they are not in your case.

What should i change to get it to work? Please help me get started.

tutmut2000

Portal Member
August 30, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Inserted fragment of xml has 3 entries of DirectShow filters:
<capturecard commercialname="IPTV BuiltIn Card" capturename="IPTV BuiltIn" devid="IPTV BuiltIn">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="Elecard NWSource-Plus" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="demuxer" name="MainConcept MPEG Push Demultiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="capture" name="CyberLink MPEG Muxer" checkdevice="false"/>
</filters>
<connections>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Names of all 3 should be the same as your registered filters in Windows. Check the names with GraphEdit or some other tool that shows installed filters. In my case the second one was named wrong, I changed it and it works.

I am still looking for Cyberlink MPEG Muxer alternative.

So far I tried also (besides those listed earlier):
- muxer from intervideo WinDVD package (not working at all)
- Mainconcept MPEG2 Multiplexer-Plus (not working at all)

I am getting the feeling that it is not enough to change the muxer name in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml for it to work in MP.
Do I have to change anything else for registered muxer to work in MP?
Does anybody know of any other Muxers (Multiplexers) that I could try?

Pls help!

plind

Portal Member
November 18, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'm triggered by all the excitement over this feature and I want to give it a go, but as an IPTV newbie, can someone point me to some information what we're doing this for. In other words: what can I view when I get this up and running?

Thanks!

Pascal.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'm triggered by all the excitement over this feature and I want to give it a go, but as an IPTV newbie, can someone point me to some information what we're doing this for. In other words: what can I view when I get this up and running?

Thanks!

Pascal.

That's what also gave me a hard time finding out.
It would be a big improvement if the creator mentioned this in his firstpost...:)

By the way, before I install this: is this plugin usable with nasa-tv?
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
All streams are available for WMP and RealPlayer.
Could anyone who has this plugin installed try this? I would be very gratefull! :)

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
IPTV are tv provided by ISP by multicast, no by web. You cant use a browser to see the channels this plugin can see... you can search iptv in wikipedia to get more info...

Now my problems...

I can see dvb channels without problems, but when i try to see a iptv channel i can but only 1 time... then i cant change to another iptv channel. If i change from this iptv channel to a dvb channel it works, but if i try to come back to other iptv channel it doesnt work...

I attached mediaportal log.

Corvus.

PD: I resolved my problems with focus using VRM9 exclusive in config.

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I can see dvb channels without problems, but when i try to see a iptv channel i can but only 1 time... then i cant change to another iptv channel. If i change from this iptv channel to a dvb channel it works, but if i try to come back to other iptv channel it doesnt work...
Try to play with configuration setting for IPTV BuiltIn Card treating it as a real analog (not BDA) TV capture card. To start with, try to set TV standard to SECAM or PAL.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
IPTV are tv provided by ISP by multicast, no by web. You cant use a browser to see the channels this plugin can see... you can search iptv in wikipedia to get more info...

Damn! So this plugin is useless if one wants to watch NASA TV. :(

And free iptv channels are not available to my knowledge (or are they?), so I guess I can't use this plugin in a usefull way. :(

I really had my hopes up this would provide us with the option to add webstreams to your tv channels. That's what I'm are looking for now for a long time... Does anyone has a suggestion perhaps?

Edit: So let me get this plugin straight...Only if the adress of your stream begins with RTSP/UDP/TCP/unicast or multicast it will play the stream? I guess this is not it...because in your example you are talking about the adress elecard://225.1.1.1:1234/udp. Could you explain it a bit better 24RUS?

For example, how can I know a stream is RTSP/UDP/TCP/unicast or multicast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom