IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (1 Viewer)

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
WOW...

Ok. i will try all this and paste all the info here...

Thanks a lot.

Corvus.
:D
I just tried with all combinations of PAL/SECAM and NTSC... the same problem with all... I dont use timeshift, and once i see a iptv channel i cant see another one. Get a black screen and then an error...

Any other test that i can make to see how to find a solution?
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug on my system because of lack of DVB filters (I use both an IPTV BuiltIn card and an analog TV capture card, but not DVB).
I suspect that your DVB graph leaves some directshow filter in unnormal state after the DVB graph has been stopped. After that, Media Portal tries to create an IPTV graph by adding Elecard filters and connecting their pins (see SinkGraph.TuneChannel() in the source files). And here occures the "(0x80004005): Unspecified error". This error means that some filter behaves unusually (e.g. returnes an udefined number as a result of an API call), that in turn can be resulted by an abnormal state of the filter.
To check this hypothesis on your sustem try the following:
1. Retrieve a full DVB graph from Media Portal while watching DVB channel and save it.
2. Retrieve a full IPTV graph from Media Portal while watching IPTV channel and save it.
3. Try to play both graphs outside the Media Portal.
4. Try to play them in turn and note the results.
5. Find out which filters are used in both graphs or which are affected by both graphs.
6. Try to avoid using the same filters in both graphs.
7. Try to change versions of those filters, or replace them with similar ones.

Good luck in your investigations!

stylistic

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,
I have setup everything as described, and I can see video in WMP, but when I go to Configuration and try to add tuner card, I see IPTV BuiltIn as a choice (which is great!) but no option to add it as a card ?!? (there is no OK button or similar there, to confirm my choice)
Try the following:
1. In configuration.exe click at television -> capture cards.
2. If you see a card in the "Capture Cards" table (at the right) - click on it and click "Delete" button below.
3. Press "Add" button. As a result you should see "Edit properties of your TV card" window with "TV Capture card" listbox set to "IPTV BuiltIn (IPTV BuiltIn Card)".
4. In this window click at "Autotune" tab.
5. Click on "Add" button. As a result you should see "Edit properties of TV channel" window.
6. Enter "Bla-bla elecard://123.45.67.89:1234/udp" as a name of the channel. Click "OK" button. There is a new channel in the list now.
7. Click on the channel added in previous step. Watch it in the area next to its name. Listen to sound.
8. Click "OK" in the "Edit properties of your TV card" window.
9. Click "OK" in the configuration.exe.

Well so what step cannot be performed on your system?

I have fixed it and it works now, but it's amazing how I missed something as simple as "non-scalable" MP Configuration window!!! It took me 4 hours to figure it out! :oops:

I'm running MP at 800x480 resolution on 42" Plasma TV, and the problem was really simple! When you run at low resolution as this one, you would expect that when some buttons are not visible in setup window, you'd see scroll bar on right side of window. Since MP Configuration window is not scalable, bottom "OK" button was not visible at that resolution and there was no way to choose it.

When after 4h of trying everything, I remembered that this could be it, and changed my resolution to 1024x768 (on external LCD)...there it was, "OK" button appeared in my TV card setup window! :D

Good to know this when running at DVD resolution!

Thanks for helping anyway, much appreciated! :D

OlegY

January 4, 2008
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
to 24RUS
When I add IPTV Builtin Card, I see two windows with message like " Cannot create Graph with this device". After I press button OK on both windows, virtual card added, but I don`t see AutoTune. I manually add channells, but not working. (IPTV work with WMP10).
I need your recommendation to solve my problem.

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
to 24RUS
When I add IPTV Builtin Card, I see two windows with message like " Cannot create Graph with this device". After I press button OK on both windows, virtual card added, but I don`t see AutoTune. I manually add channells, but not working. (IPTV work with WMP10).

1. Download and run GraphEdit.
2. Select: File -> Render URL in the GraphEdit main menu. Enter an IPTV channel URL (looks like elecard://123.45.6.7:1234/udp). Note the filter names of the graph generated.
3. Open your CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and compare (char by char) names of the filers in the GraphEdit with names of filters in xml file.
4. In mediaportal Configuration Utility delete "IPTV BuilIn card" and add it again.
5. If nothing helps, read all the thread ;) , this problem arose couple of times and had been solved.

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
2. Select: File -> Render URL in the GraphEdit main menu. Enter an IPTV channel URL (looks like elecard://123.45.6.7:1234/udp). Note the filter names of the graph generated.
3. Open your CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and compare (char by char) names of the filers in the GraphEdit with names of filters in xml file.
4. In mediaportal Configuration Utility delete "IPTV BuilIn card" and add it again.
5. If nothing helps, read all the thread ;) , this problem arose couple of times and had been solved.

Maybe you can edit the first post and add all the common info (this one and the "coulndt find capture card" by example) there. This way you can forward all questions already answered to this post.

Corvus.

tutmut2000

Portal Member
August 30, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Me again. Still struggling. Please help me.

I have managed to setup codecs and filters to play streams in WMP, VLC, GraphEdit... without problems (even up to 4 streams parallel without shuttering or frames dropped). All available HD streams also play ok.

In MP only a small number of streams play ok, all other have huge problems. Audio is ok, but video displays only a few frames now and then.
MP GraphEdit graph is the same as posted at the beginning of this thread and it should be ok. Streams outside MP are played without Cyberlink MPEG Muxer and without MPEG-2 Stream Demultiplexer, so I believe one of them is causing problems.

I am trying to find alternatives but have no success. I am guessing that I am doing it in a wrong way.

1) So far I was unable to change MPEG-2 Stream Demultiplexer. I believe it is part of Directx package and is protected by windows (restores back to original version if I replace it).

2) So far I tried all Muxers that I could find. Results are:
- Leadtek MPEG Muxer (this is in fact renamed Cyberlink Muxer - it works but has the same problems)
- Mainconcept Multiplexer (not working at all)
- Moonlight MPEG2 Multiplexer (not working at all)
- Cyberlink MPEG Muxer versions 5.0.0.727, 5.0.0.1307, 5.0.0.2022, 5.0.0.3131 (727 not working at all, other work with the same problems)
- muxer from intervideo WinDVD package (not working at all)
- Mainconcept MPEG2 Multiplexer-Plus (not working at all)

I am getting the feeling that it is not enough to change the muxer name in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml for it to work in MP. Do I have to change anything else for registered muxer to work in MP?
What features should the muxer support?
Does anybody know of any other Muxers (Multiplexers) that I could try?
Does anybody know of a way to change Demultiplexer and which one do you suggest to use?

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
1) So far I was unable to change MPEG-2 Stream Demultiplexer. I believe it is part of Directx package and is protected by windows (restores back to original version if I replace it).
Try to delete/rename the same file in \WINDOWS\SYTEM32\DllCache or DriverCache

I am getting the feeling that it is not enough to change the muxer name in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml for it to work in MP. Do I have to change anything else for registered muxer to work in MP?
To edit a name of a filter in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml is enough. Mediaportal merely enumerates all the directshow filters in the sytem, compare the name of each one with the name from the xml file and tries to add it to a graph.

What features should the muxer support?
It should contain one input pin of datatype "mpeg-2 video stream", one input pin with datatype "mpeg audio", and one output pin of datatype "complex audio/video mpeg stream". Additional inputs/outputs might be left unconnected. And it should be a mixer. :D

p.s. Your trouble is very unusual. Much like some device driver / system component issue. It may take ages to find out its origin. Trying clean installation of XP MCE takes a way shorter time. You could use another HDD for example. Make fresh XP installation without unneccesary (to watch IPTV) hardware and third-party drivers and try all steps in first post.

OlegY

January 4, 2008
Moscow
Home Country
to 24RUS

I run GraphEdit. My graph is easy. IPTV work inside GrapEdit.

I can correctly add IPTV Build Card only with next parameters in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml
cat="tvtuner" name="Elecard NWSource-Plus"
cat="demuxer" name="Elecard MPEG Push Demultiplexer"
cat="capture" name="Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder" .
I know that capture filter name is incorrect. But i don`t know what it must be because it lack in my graph.
( Cannot add Cyberlink MPEG Muxer. Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra installed on PC)
My opinion is that IPTV in MP may work without usage of capture. I am right ?
My questions is
- who is author ( which application was created) of my graph ?
- how i can change and SAVE my graph in system ? ( graphedit can save result only to file)
- MP will create new graph based on filters in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml or must use existing graph ?
Now IPTV not working in MP. There are log file .

Please your recommendations - what to do next to solve problems ?

Attachments

• my_graph.JPG
    my_graph.JPG
    69.6 KB

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
cat="capture" name="Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder" .
I know that capture filter name is incorrect. But i don`t know what it must be because it lack in my graph.
(Cannot add Cyberlink MPEG Muxer. Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra installed on PC)
In graph edit, select "Add filter to Graph" button on toolbar. Note the exact name of "Cyberlink MPEG Muxer" in "DirectShow Filters".

My opinion is that IPTV in MP may work without usage of capture. I am right ?
This patch works without a real capture card. Instead of TV capture filter, based on a real hardware capture chip, this patch uses Elecard filters which programmatically recieve IPTV traffic from ethernet adapter and feed it to Mpeg-2 decoder and further to screen renderer.

- who is author ( which application was created) of my graph ?
Microsoft DirectShow subsystem. This is its default behavior when rendering URLs.

- how i can change and SAVE my graph in system ? ( graphedit can save result only to file)
You can register or remove (unregister) a filter in the system. "Regsvr32 (/u) yourfilterfilename.ax" does it. While graphs are sets of interconnected filters which are created dynamically by applications and don't survive when system restarts.

- MP will create new graph based on filters in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml or must use existing graph ?
MP will create a new graph based on CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, mpeg-2 decoder filter selected in TV section of configuration.exe, VMR9/EMR renderer settings, and internal MP logic (e.g. trying multiple instances of the same named filter in turn, or trying to use different audio decoders when selected one fails).

OlegY

January 4, 2008
Moscow
Home Country
to 24RUS
What is a function of CyberLink MPEG Muxer in your patch ?
In my graph from previous post MPEG Muxer not present and video output pin from MPEG Push Demultiplexer connected directly to MPEG2 Video Decoder. IPTV work inside GrapEdit.
What will be if I exclude MPEG Muxer from patch ? I loose capture feature( it means recording, timeshifting ..) only or anything other also ?
Why I ask you about it - I have same problem with CyberLink MPEG Muxer as other guys from this thread.
And if I only want to see IPTV and don`t want use capture function then possibility to exclude MPEG Muxer will be solution fo me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom