IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (3 Viewers)

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
rtsp, udp, etc. are provided by your ISP (normaly bridging to their net...) so they can send you the data in multicast (from 1 point to anywhere) or unicast (point to point). If you have one of this you will know because you are paying for this.

webcast are streamed over internet, and everyone can see it (with the correct player), iptv are streamed by user/line (is like cable tv.).

Maybe you can see webcast with Mediaportal using VLC as external player... try to see nasatv with vlc and if you get it search the forums how to add vlc to mediaportal.

Corvus.

jiih

Portal Member
August 6, 2006
Here you go, the configuration.log

jiih

There is no error in your log. Is this the log stored just after an error has occured?

Yes this is the log stored just after the error appears. However I will try again and get back to you, just to be 100% sure.

Ok so, I tried again and again did not receive any errors in configuration.log. I'm still not seeing any cards in Capture Card section. Anyway I attached the new log file.

jiih

jiih

Portal Member
August 6, 2006
OK, I finally found the cause of my problem. The computer where I was trying to add Elecard IPTV tuner is running Vista and the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml default location is not MediaPortal home directory but the C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal directory. After adding the Elecard capture card section to a xml file on this location, everything works ok.

Anyways, thanks for your effort.

tanelvakker

September 30, 2006
Tallinn
Home Country
timeshifting

first of all, thank you very much for this plugin. it's just what i've been waiting for. do you accept donations?

second, i have a problem with timeshifting also. when i turn on timeshifting and change channel, it just gets me back to main tv screen with tv off. when i try to turn it on again, it does nothing. it starts working again after a minute when i go back and forth to main menu and tv. other possibility is to start a movie file and when i come back, it usually works again.

it works perfectly when timeshifting is turned off.

i have attached my log from the last attempt which should contain everything i did.

E: i did a full reinstall, installed rollup 2 and everything as in the first post. i needed to change MainConcept to Elecard though. still the same. it sometimes tells me that recorder is busy when i try to turn on/off TV.
NWSource-Plus 1.1.004185.70510
Elecard MPEG Push demultiplexer 1.2.0.11630
MpgMux.ax 5.0.0.1307

connected to the remote graph and attached this one also

Attachments

• graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    42.9 KB

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
do you accept donations?
I would be really awarded if you donate Media Portal Project - they really do a hard work!

second, i have a problem with timeshifting also. when i turn on timeshifting and change channel, it just gets me back to main tv screen with tv off. when i try to turn it on again, it does nothing. it starts working again after a minute when i go back and forth to main menu and tv. other possibility is to start a movie file and when i come back, it usually works again.

Too many "----------------TryConnect-------------" in your log. Try to change MPA audio and MPA video codecs to something else (I use the "Cyberlink PDVD7 Mpeg2 Decoder"). Also try to play with audio rendering device.

tanelvakker

September 30, 2006
Tallinn
Home Country
Too many "----------------TryConnect-------------" in your log. Try to change MPA audio and MPA video codecs to something else (I use the "Cyberlink PDVD7 Mpeg2 Decoder"). Also try to play with audio rendering device.

i tried every available mpeg2 decoder, none of them fixed it. also upgraded to the latest powerdvd.

corvus

Portal Member
December 18, 2007
Try to play with configuration setting for IPTV BuiltIn Card treating it as a real analog (not BDA) TV capture card. To start with, try to set TV standard to SECAM or PAL.

I just tried with all combinations of PAL/SECAM and NTSC... the same problem with all... I dont use timeshift, and once i see a iptv channel i cant see another one. Get a black screen and then an error...

Any other test that i can make to see how to find a solution?

Thanks... if this works i will give you "THE MAN" award... :p

Corvus.

stylistic

Portal Member
October 7, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi,

I have setup everything as described, and I can see video in WMP, but when I go to Configuration and try to add tuner card, I see IPTV BuiltIn as a choice (which is great!) but no option to add it as a card ?!? (there is no OK button or similar there, to confirm my choice)

Even thou I can click on autotune tab and easily setup all channels there (I can also see them running in left box, which probably means that everything works ok), I can't confirm to select this card, close this window and get back to main Configuration windon. The only thing I can do is close it by clicking on x in upper right corner. When I click on ADD button again, I can see that all setting are saved (even when I reopen configuration).

Afterwards, when I run MP and go to MyTV, I get msg "No tuner card installed".

I went through setup instructions many times, and made sure all is 100% setup as described, but whatever I do, I can't seam to get MP to recognize IPTV BuiltIn as a tuner. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone!

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Hi,
I have setup everything as described, and I can see video in WMP, but when I go to Configuration and try to add tuner card, I see IPTV BuiltIn as a choice (which is great!) but no option to add it as a card ?!? (there is no OK button or similar there, to confirm my choice)
Try the following:
1. In configuration.exe click at television -> capture cards.
2. If you see a card in the "Capture Cards" table (at the right) - click on it and click "Delete" button below.
3. Press "Add" button. As a result you should see "Edit properties of your TV card" window with "TV Capture card" listbox set to "IPTV BuiltIn (IPTV BuiltIn Card)".
4. In this window click at "Autotune" tab.
5. Click on "Add" button. As a result you should see "Edit properties of TV channel" window.
6. Enter "Bla-bla elecard://123.45.67.89:1234/udp" as a name of the channel. Click "OK" button. There is a new channel in the list now.
7. Click on the channel added in previous step. Watch it in the area next to its name. Listen to sound.
8. Click "OK" in the "Edit properties of your TV card" window.
9. Click "OK" in the configuration.exe.

Well so what step cannot be performed on your system?

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
I just tried with all combinations of PAL/SECAM and NTSC... the same problem with all... I dont use timeshift, and once i see a iptv channel i cant see another one. Get a black screen and then an error...

Any other test that i can make to see how to find a solution?
Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug on my system because of lack of DVB filters (I use both an IPTV BuiltIn card and an analog TV capture card, but not DVB).
I suspect that your DVB graph leaves some directshow filter in unnormal state after the DVB graph has been stopped. After that, Media Portal tries to create an IPTV graph by adding Elecard filters and connecting their pins (see SinkGraph.TuneChannel() in the source files). And here occures the "(0x80004005): Unspecified error". This error means that some filter behaves unusually (e.g. returnes an udefined number as a result of an API call), that in turn can be resulted by an abnormal state of the filter.
To check this hypothesis on your sustem try the following:
1. Retrieve a full DVB graph from Media Portal while watching DVB channel and save it.
2. Retrieve a full IPTV graph from Media Portal while watching IPTV channel and save it.
3. Try to play both graphs outside the Media Portal.
4. Try to play them in turn and note the results.
5. Find out which filters are used in both graphs or which are affected by both graphs.
6. Try to avoid using the same filters in both graphs.
7. Try to change versions of those filters, or replace them with similar ones.

Good luck in your investigations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom