IQUmp: tool for movingpicture (1 Viewer)

Csc

Portal Member
July 21, 2008
Home Country
France France
Re: Tool for movingpicture

Hi,
It's true :
-for this tool, you have to exit from Mediaportal and the config mediaportal tool,
-as all softwares it's possible there are bugs,
-It was tested only on Windows XP SP3,
-this tool is 'limited lifespan'. When it's main functionnalities will be in MovingP, the tool will be removed.

The functionalities I mainly use are:
-Manage backdrops,
-Manage 'genres',
-Retrieve movies by searching a title or by first movie created (smallest id) or last movies created (biggest id),
-Search 'errors' (incomplete movie records: no backdrop, no director, etc.),
-Statistics.

I don't use really the possibility to change others fields.

For the Database corruption possibility:
IQUmp have a diagram (schema) of actual MovingP database. If the diagram changes, the tool can't load database and it remains in 'readonly' mode. But ...

A version V0.2 exists now. Main diff: screen hardcopies try to explain the usage of IQUmp, some messages were not correct.

Best regards

Csc

llambion

Portal Pro
January 20, 2009
Oviedo
Home Country
Spain Spain

seems a great tool.

One question.
Is posible change/delete a genre in a few records of database??

Sometimes, the scrapper record, for example, science-fiction, science fiction and all combinations in spanish.
I'd like to change diferent phrases for the same genre.

Can you add this feature???

Sorry for my english

Thx

CHBMB

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 28, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I think this is a brilliant tool and should definitely be incorporated into Moving Pictures officially.

Thanks very much indeed

:D!

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006

First of all, I fully support the wish to incorporate this into Moving Pictures.

But I have another thought, I want to share - maybe someone else has come across the same problem:
    The first MediaPortal HTPC I put together was (and is) kind of a toy for me as a "tech nerd", which means that I have no problem to close MediaPortal, grab my mouse and my keyboard, do some things in other programs like taggers or the MediaPortal Config or the Moving Pictures Config. For this purpose, the way it works with Moving Pictures alone is perfect.

Now I put together a second Mediaportal HTPC for my girlfried. The aim was to make this a "real" replacement for a TV set, meaning there is no keyboard and no mouse - just a remote. And with this remote you can do (nearly) anything necessary: Watch TV, listen to music, wach DVDs and Blurays, rip CDs, DVDs and Blurays, etc. I Must say that this works amazingly well - as long as the built-in metadata grabbers get the right metadata.

Of course, the latter isn't always the case. Some music CDs are not tagged properly, some cover art for music is missing and sometimes the Moving Pictures scrapers have the same problem: No or wrong coverart or some manual changes are necessary in the database.

Therefore, if you don't use the HTPC as a real computer, you need something else: The computer in your working room or a laptop being "abused" as sorting, renaming or tagging machine.
    For music, this works perfectly. I can use a tagger software on my laptop to rearrange and retag the music collection on the HTPC, while the latter is running. This is properly recognized by MediaPortal.
    But there is no such possibility for Moving Pictures. For this very reason I think there is a need for some kind of "offline tool for Moving pictures". Of course it would make sense if you don't have to close MediaPortal for this tool to work, because usually I'm doing that kind of stuff while watching TV or listen to Music (in MediaPortal). So in the end, the tool from this thread is not perfect, but at least it is - in my opinion - a step in the right direction.

Maybe one of the Moving Pictures Devs steps in to share some thoughts.

cheers,
    Michael

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tool for movingpicture

You could use EmberMediaManager to scrape your movie collection on your htpc.
    MovingPictures is able to read the informations EMM is creating. If this is the case, your
    movie will be updated automatically by MovPic. Sometimes it stucks and you have to manually
    add the movie. ( Folders with dvd structure inside seem to be tricky (video_TS) )

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

It is very easy to ensure a 100% match in MovingPictures (or MP-TVSeries for that matter), and that is to simply make sure that your files qualify for a perfect match.

There are two easy ways to do this in MovingPictures

1. Put IMdB ID into the filename, as per: "Example (tt1234567).mkv"
    2. Have an NFO file with the same name as the movie that contains the IMdB ID (and make sure simple NFO option is enabled in MovingPictures configuration)

No interaction, or approval is normally required with those two options, unless you adjusted the default options. After a movie is imported correctly, you can then make use of the new rename functionality to turn "weird.name.mkv" into for example: "Nice Name (tt1234567 [2010].mkv". This is fully configurable in the advanced settings as to how you want to rename them.

PS: For MP-TVSeries the same goes, just make sure your filename title matches what TheTVdB expects it to be, you can manually verify this via:

Code:
    http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=put+series+name+here

And then as long as there is season and episode information inside the filename that the regular expressions can recognize, it will all go perfect automatic without any user interactions required.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

In the future we plan to add support for interacting with the importer in the GUI itself. So if for example you have a file that didn't get auto approved you could easily use your remote control to match the files to a movie. We also plan on adding some of the enhancements Csc has included in this tool, particularly the ability to sift through your collection more easily to perform maintenance. That really is why this tool makes me a bit sad, instead of building a stand alone program, if Csc had offered to integrate this stuff into Moving Pictures itself, these features would already be implemented. Because ultimately this is basically just an alternate configuration screen for Moving Pictures...

As far as remote administration of a Moving Pictures installation, I think this is something that would be very compelling and useful but it would require quite a lot of work to implement properly.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't know that putting the IMDB number into the filename works also. Will definitely try this. I also haven't had a look at Ember Media Manager for quite some time. Will try that as well.

The best news is that interaction in the gui will be improved. This is really great.

Looking forward to that. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Michael

barney13

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2010
    Osnabrück
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Tool for movingpicture

I've tried your tool this weekend. It's good to find movies with missing covers and backdrops.
    Is it possible to add a filter for missing descritions?

If the features of this tool will be integrated in the next MovingPictures Manager it would be a graet relief for me.

I've a lot of movies and the Movingpicture Manager is not very handy. There are a lot of features which I'm missing.

Maybe these points will be better posted in MopI-Thread, but I think it will also
    be Ok to post them here:

Missing features in MovingPicture Manager:

1. Sort the Movies in the list by last added
    (I always have to go through the complete list to find the last imported movies)

2. A button to choose a backdrop (similar to Cover)
    (If MoPi can't find a backdrop, I alwasy have to copy/paste the path to a manual picture)

3. Filter-function like in this tool to take a look for:
    - missing/empty cover
    - missing/empty backdrop
    - missing/empty description

4. turn on/off noun marker by sorting the list by name.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best regards

Barney

llambion

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2009
    Oviedo
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Thanks for great tool.
    In genres management is posible remove one genre of database for several films??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom