IR Server Suite - Alpha Testing (Private) (3 Viewers)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Martin, I'll get back onto it. I'll make sure it's 100% and then let you know.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could everyone who is testing IR Server Suite please download a new copy ...

The new file is for 2007-06-13 so update the link I last sent you with the new ending and you'll be able to get it.

I've found a bug that was causing a moment of high cpu load every 30 seconds or so...

I've also put in the ability to use one IR device as a receiver and another as a transmitter on the same PC.

Please don't share the address of the file, my host will complain if it gets too many downloads. Thanks.

NickName: I haven't figured out what's causing the suspend problems for you, because I am as yet unable to reproduce it. But as soon as I know more I'll let you know. Please use the newer version anyway in the meantime.

Cheers,

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Hi Aaron,
    of course i´ll not spread the link. unfortunately my pc has been damaged at the weekend, probably the reason for all my probs in the recent past, i guess it´s the new radeon 9250 or the RAM.
    the last results i wrote to you per mail where that the crashes have been gone (thanks) and the learning was ok but my settop box (motorola) didn´t want to respond.
    however i´ll test the new release asap (but not before the weekend).
    many thanks again to you. ys, LX.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Thanks Aaron.
    I appreciate your efforts. I am surprised it is not affecting anyone else as it occurs on two different HTPCs of mine...
    I guess I am just lucky ;-)

Cheers,

Nick Name

vitanova

April 29, 2007
    NYC
    aaron - installation was a breeze and, after a little poking around, setup is equally simple. a few questions i've put together:
    - i'm able to launch programs via blastzone (can we do this in fewer clicks?), but i haven't sorted out how to bring them to the foreground - should i minimise mp, then launch the app?
    - i'm using translator to send keystrokes to control my external software, but how do i enter non-standard keystrokes? arrow keys, space, ctrl-keys, etc.
    - in translator, how do you determine the message to send to an external program for commands that can't be activated by keystrokes? i'd like to set up joost, for example, but i'm not sure eg how i would map a key on my remote to bring up the channel catalog.
    thanks for a brilliantly flexible plugin. cheers.
    vita

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Vitanova,

I can answer some of your questions for you.
    I control Joost via the Transalator. Press F1 in Joost to get list of the keystrokes you can use. AFAIK there is no key for the Channel Catalogue though but you can still change channels and programs in the channels by using {UP}, {DOWN, {LEFT} & {RIGHT}.
    The other non-standard keystrokes work like keystrokes in VBScript. ie. {SPACE}, (ENTER}, etc.

cheers,

Nick Name

sbp

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Auning
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi just a quick question.
    I see that the new MP version is almost ready, and this will be the last with the "old TV2 engine".
    So what will happend with all us unlucky guys who only have a Hauppauge IR-reciever and IR-blaster. The one wich is connected through the TV-card (PVR-150).

Aaron did you have time to look into this issue, so we can use the IR Server Suite as well ??

Steen

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    vitanova:

I'll look at improving the Blast Zone plugin to make it more flexible.

And I'll look at improving the focus issues and putting in macro or translator commands to give focus to apps.

There is more information on special keys in the documentation. But it's all based on this:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.sendkeys.aspx

As for the windows messages, you'll have to find out for the particular software yourself.

Good luck,

sbp:

Haven't had a chance to look into PVR-150 remote support yet, but it's on my list.

Cheers,

gdirwin

Portal Member
    March 31, 2005
    Virtual Remote - cannot connect

I cannot get Virtual Remote to connect from one computer to an IR server using the Lan - using VR on the same machine as the IR server works.

IR Server: 2007-06-08
    MP - SVN: 05-19-2007--01-00-Rev14663

It is not firewall related (turned off firewalls on both to check).

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you post the Virtual Remote.log and the IR Server.log.

It's probably a problem with the communication method (IPC Named Pipes).

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom