IRSS 1.5.0.116: MP1.6 and Newer - Unoficial Testing Version ( No support ) (1 Viewer)

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Who is using IRSS with MP2? Will IRSS work with MP2 also? In MP1 I used WinLirc with MPControlPlugin. Since MP2 doesn't support MPControlPlugin I can't use my remote. MP2 should automatically work with MCEremote but that doesn't also work in my case.
Can someone give me a short guide please.
My remote is Logitech Harmony One and the receiver is Y.A.R.D.2 which supports RC5/RC6.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Mp2 work out of box with irss. But irss server must be set as abstract remote.

Do you mean in advanced settings in IRSS in the taskbar? If so, it is already ticked.After some changes and settings the remote is working now. I recognized that several keys are not working, e. g. the stop-key. Is that normal?

badboyxx

Portal Pro
June 15, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can somebody confirm that "creating a new button"-button (+New) doesn't work in Translator when you add a new application. When you click on it, it should appear a little window where you should click the key to assign but I doesn't appear and I get only red exclamation marks. I reinstalled already IRSS and it didn't help. I think in the earlier versions it worked well.

Attachments

• Translator.jpg
    Translator.jpg
    69 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    on Testing, the new button create an new line,
    double click on "key" case, and you must select Remote Events,
    Double click on "command", and do the same step.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Events is empty...
    upload_2016-3-14_7-22-43.png

Another problem is that Internet Explorer (11) is not recognized... not even if Translator started it.

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-14_7-12-28.png
      upload_2016-3-14_7-12-28.png
      87.2 KB

Starwer

Portal Member
    August 27, 2014
    Eindhoven
    Home Country
    France France
    @badboyxx : Azzuro spotted the right usage. That should work for you now. I hope this new interface, although different from the previous ones, will satisfy you.

@Swede: this is odd. The event tab should show just a normal list-box and labels.
    • Does the command tab show up properly ?
    • What version of Windows do you use ?
    • What .NET versions are installed (Translator needs version 3.5) ?
    • Did you install IRSS on a Network drive (or in C: drive) ?
    About the InternetExplorer problem, it would help a great deal if you could do the following:
    • In menu: Settings > Advanced..., select Logging > Verbosity Level : Debug.
    • Then Go to Internet Explorer and test a couple of events in there (say: up and down...).
    • Reply to this post and join the log-file you get then in %programdata%\IR Server Suite\Logs\Translator.log
    [edit] Internet explorer is a special thing... the path of IE cannot be retrieved from its running thread, so Translator will try to match it by name. Change the Application name from "iexplore.exe" to "iexplore" and it should work again.
    Thank you for the feedbacks (good or bad). I was wondering whether anybody was using Translator...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom