IRSS 1.5.0.116: MP1.6 and Newer - Unoficial Testing Version ( No support ) (2 Viewers)

jjemil808

Portal Member
April 6, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using latest IRSS, Has anybody managed to get IRSS working in Windows 10 on a Skylake computer? It's completely dead. No response whatsoever in Windows 10 on my Skylake Asus notebook.

IRSS works fine on my Haswell Asus desktop in Windows 10, as long as I restart the IR Server manually with Administrator rights. For some reason that does not work in Skylake. I have .net framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 installed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @jjemil808
    I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference.
    What type of transceiver do you have?
    Got debug-level log files for us to look at?

jjemil808

Portal Member
    April 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks for the prompt response.

I have the Manta TR1 transceiver. It shows up as the eHome Infrared Receiver.

I have uploaded my logs folder.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the log files. Unfortunately they're no good for helping you because:
    2016-04-25 23:19:32.375625 [Info.][Main Thread]: Log Opened
    2016-04-25 23:19:32.375625 [Info.][Main Thread]: IR Server, Version=1.5.0.113, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    2016-04-25 23:19:32.391251 [Info.][Main Thread]: Starting IR Server ...
    2016-04-25 23:19:32.391251 [Info.][Main Thread]: Loading settings ...
    2016-04-25 23:19:32.391251 [Info.][Main Thread]: Log Verbosity Level: Off
    (...and then nothing...)

As I mentioned in my previous reply, you have to set the log verbosity to debug. That is done in IRSS Input Service configuration -> advanced (up the top). After changing the verbosity setting, restart IRSS and provide log files again.

[edit: Having said that, there is a little more detail in the "MicrosoftMceTransceiver_DriverVista.log" file which suggests that the receiver is detected okay. It looks like it's receiving mostly garbage. Might pay to make sure the remote control batteries are okay, and that the receiver is clear of obstructions and sources of interference.]

Last edited:

jjemil808

Portal Member
    April 6, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you so much for the great help.

The problem was with my remote apparently.

I changed from the HP Microsoft MCE remote to the Logitech Harmony 650 remote. Now, the remote inputs all register fine on my Skylake notebook, after I manually restart the IR Server with Admin rights.

Problem solved.

Thanks again.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    V1.5.0.116 : 2016 04 28
    * Fixed : Correct tooltip text on Start/Stop icon inside configuration (azzuro )
    * Fixed : Re enabled 2 project to be build on release mode. (disabled by mistake) (azzuro)

nepomuk08

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2008
    Pohle, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everybody,

got a problem i can't solve myself. After long time without MP (HTPC crashed) i now rebuild new one with win10. MP starts with "greenbutton" but whole IRSS isnt't working. no signals from remote are received, translator always timed out.
    what logs can i provide to you?
    any ideas?

thanks a heap for your help!

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Please open new thread about your issue.
    try to check with "debug client" (left click on Ir server tray icon ) and look if IR server detect action from your remote.
    about log, go on Irserver configuration > Advanced > log verbosity set it to debug and close Irserver config,
    and check if IRserver detect your hardware.

edit :
    log are : C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\Logs

Bryan H

Portal Member
    May 19, 2016
    Home Country
    I used this newest version for several days. It was working just fine, but sadly I had to stop using it because my remote creates two separate HID's and it seems IRSS will only allow the use of one. Therefore I had to switch to EventGhost. It's working find, but I would have rather used IRSS. Any chance you can update it to support multiple HIDs? I was going to take a crack at the code to see what it would take, but I don't do C# (C++ / C yes, but not C#).

I might be convinced to TRY to look over the code, but it's a very large project and I'm not sure the level of effort to get it into a working VS2015 project (I could do it in VS2010), but I leave this to a different discussion after the multiple HID one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom