IRSS 1.5.0.116: MP1.6 and Newer - Unoficial Testing Version ( No support ) (1 Viewer)

BPOH_Voodoo

Portal Pro
May 27, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, this is working.
Could you please be so kind to explain, why it does not work the the .XML files i provided?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i think, i'm not expert
    but %ProgramData%\IR Server Suite\MP Control Plugin\Remote Presets\MPControlPlugin.XML this is not possible !!!
    Fr sure: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings\MPControlPlugin.XML is the default than MPControl use for the 1st time
    And if use Custom XML : need to be here
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Mpcontrolplugin.xml

:p

djonline

Portal Member
    June 17, 2010
    Which key of STB Motorola VIP2200 was added ? STB, TV, DVD or AUX ? What is default four digit code for this key ?

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am catching all kinds of hell trying to blast my settop boxes.

Problem 1
    I followed the wiki but maybe I am completely missing something. I am using a colossus, and 2 hdpvrs and they are controlling 3 VIP2200 Motorola STBs. I am using TV3 Blaster plugin on the TV server side and everything is working as it should and the MCE remote is unchecked. My channels are appropriately mapped too.

I am using all three USB-IRT ports, however I am unable to tune to 2 out of the 3 settop boxes that are being blasted.

For example,

Port 1 blasts to the stb that is captured by the colossus, the colossus is the priority 1 card, 3 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly as it changes the settop box and the correct stream is displayed on the client PC.

Port 2 blasts to the stb that is captured by the hdpvr1, the hdpvr1 is the priority 2 card, 2 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly but it streams the stb that is blasted by Port 3, which is captured by hdpvr2.

Port 3 blasts to the stb that is captured by the hdpvr2, the hdpvr2 is the priority 3 card, 1 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly but it streams the stb that is blasted by Port 2, which is captured by hdpvr1.

NOTE: This occurs when I have an active stream on 1 client PC (colossus stream). When I try to blast from a 2nd Client PC, the switch occurs.

Is there a way to correct this? If so, how?

Problem 2
    When entering channel numbers in the TV Guide, whether it is using the MCE remote or numerical keypad on the keyboard, the TV Guide always go back to 1. For example, if I go to TV Guide and try to jump to TNT by entering 108 or 1108, it goes to 1, the video on demand channel. Do I need to run IRSS on the client?

Problem 3

This might be related to problem 2, when I am watching live TV and enter a channel number using the MCE remote or Numerical Keypad, I can see the numbers being entered on the OSD but nothing gets blasted. Edit: If I select the channel from the TV Guide, it blasts perfectly. Again, do I need to run IRSS on the client or do some voodo that I am missing?

Problem 4
    When I enter 0 on the Remote or Keypad, it goes back to previous channel. It would be great if I could configure it to function like MCE and use the ENTER key or OK, or SEL key to function as the previous channel button.

Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. I will donate to the cause but not until I get this resolved, it is frustrating to be this close, yet sooooo far away. :)

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Problem 2

When entering channel numbers in the TV Guide, whether it is using the MCE remote or numerical keypad on the keyboard, the TV Guide always go back to 1. For example, if I go to TV Guide and try to jump to TNT by entering 108 or 1108, it goes to 1, the video on demand channel. Do I need to run IRSS on the client?

If you want to use digit for channel zapping, you will need Eventghost and use his event sender/receiver plugins.

Problem 3

This might be related to problem 2, when I am watching live TV and enter a channel number using the MCE remote or Numerical Keypad, I can see the numbers being entered on the OSD but nothing gets blasted. Edit: If I select the channel from the TV Guide, it blasts perfectly. Again, do I need to run IRSS on the client or do some voodo that I am missing?

Effectively this function doesn't work with colossus/hdpvr product. You can 'tune' channel from ATSC tuner but not from video capture card like colossus or hdpvr.

Problem 4

When I enter 0 on the Remote or Keypad, it goes back to previous channel. It would be great if I could configure it to function like MCE and use the ENTER key or OK, or SEL key to function as the previous channel button.

Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. I will donate to the cause but not until I get this resolved, it is frustrating to be this close, yet sooooo far away. :)[/quote]

For button mapping I use EventGhost with EventGhostPlus MP plugin (just a preference). Translator in IRSS works great to. Or you can go to MP configuration and click configure
    on the IRSS Icon in plugins section, then press map button.

For problem 1 I'll dig deeper this evening with a cup of coffee

Last edited:

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am catching all kinds of hell trying to blast my settop boxes.

Problem 1

I followed the wiki but maybe I am completely missing something. I am using a colossus, and 2 hdpvrs and they are controlling 3 VIP2200 Motorola STBs. I am using TV3 Blaster plugin on the TV server side and everything is working as it should and the MCE remote is unchecked. My channels are appropriately mapped too.

I am using all three USB-IRT ports, however I am unable to tune to 2 out of the 3 settop boxes that are being blasted.

For example,

Port 1 blasts to the stb that is captured by the colossus, the colossus is the priority 1 card, 3 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly as it changes the settop box and the correct stream is displayed on the client PC.

Port 2 blasts to the stb that is captured by the hdpvr1, the hdpvr1 is the priority 2 card, 2 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly but it streams the stb that is blasted by Port 3, which is captured by hdpvr2.

Port 3 blasts to the stb that is captured by the hdpvr2, the hdpvr2 is the priority 3 card, 1 on the Card list. It blasts perfectly but it streams the stb that is blasted by Port 2, which is captured by hdpvr1.

NOTE: This occurs when I have an active stream on 1 client PC (colossus stream). When I try to blast from a 2nd Client PC, the switch occurs.

I assume that you use the blaster that came with colossus and HDPVR ? Does your splitter is stereo male headphone jack to 2 mono(l/r) female jack in the usb-uirt port ?
    Try changing priority of your HDPVR1/2 in TVServer Configuration. Restart TVservice and try if it helps.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    If you want to use digit for channel zapping, you will need Eventghost and use his event sender/receiver plugins.
    Ok, I am familar with eventghost as I used it on my mce dvblink setup in the past. This is very odd that you have to use a plugin for this functionality but when in Rome, lol.

So will it work similar to having a sender/receiver plugin listening on a port then forwarding the packets of ir blasts to trigger an event in EG? I have all of the IR Codes for my STB and I have something still setup in EG to keep my STBs alive, a timer event that blasts "Enter" out of all three zones or in MP's case ports.

Effectively this function doesn't work with colossus/hdpvr product. You can 'tune' channel from ATSC tuner but not from video capture card like colossus or hdpvr.

This is a huge bummer, so I presume there isn't a work around for this?

For button mapping I use EventGhost with EventGhostPlus MP plugin (just a preference). Translator in IRSS works great to. Or you can go to MP configuration and click configure

on the IRSS Icon in plugins section, then press map button.

For problem 1 I'll dig deeper this evening with a cup of coffee

To map do I have to learn remote codes? I have the hex files for my STBs but I would need to know how to execute this, perhaps I could map digits that would allow me to tune to my video capture cards?[DOUBLEPOST=1372338833][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I assume that you use the blaster that came with colossus and HDPVR ? Does your splitter is stereo male headphone jack to 2 mono(l/r) female jack in the usb-uirt port ?

Try changing priority of your HDPVR1/2 in TVServer Configuration. Restart TVservice and try if it helps.

Your assumptions are correct, I tried changing the priorities of HDPVR1/2. I even switched the plugs around but I didn't restart the TVserver after switching the phono plugs around.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Problem 3

The below thread should help me with my problem 3.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/channel-change-while-watching-tv-not-working.118392/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom