IRTRANS : low brightness / contrast when MP start (and after) --> no more fixed .... (2 Viewers)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cybrmage: Thanks you for the test patch. It helps here as well :)
    Can you please provide me with the changes you did to the sources? I would like to have a look at it.

Or even better:
    Are you able to create that patch abstract enough that we can integrate it into SVN (for mp 1.0). Abstract means the patch should help everyone that has such a display... but it should not change anything for all the others ;)

Thanks again

Lars

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This replaces the Setup function in LCDHypeWrapper.cs
    Code:
        public void Setup(string _port, int _lines, int _cols, int _time, int _linesG, int _colsG, int _timeG,
                          bool _backLight, int _contrast)
        {
            if (info.SupportLightSlider & !info.SupportContrastSlider)
            {
                // use the contrast slider to control backlight
                m_tDllReg.InvokeMember("LCD_SetIOPropertys", BINDING_FLAGS, null, null,
                                       new object[]
                                   { _port, _time, _timeG, _cols, _lines, _colsG, _linesG, 
                                       info.SupportLightSlider, (byte) _contrast, 
                                       false, (byte)127,
                                       0, false, false
                                   });
            }
            else
            {
                // use the contrast slider to control contrast
                m_tDllReg.InvokeMember("LCD_SetIOPropertys", BINDING_FLAGS, null, null,
                                       new object[]
                                   { _port, _time, _timeG, _cols, _lines, _colsG, _linesG, 
                                       _backLight, (byte) 127,
                                       info.SupportContrastSlider, (byte) _contrast, 
                                       0, false, false
                                   });
            }
        }

P.S.: Since I'm the only person (apparently) still working on the ExternalDisplay plugin... Mayby arrangements should be made for SVN access...

raudan

March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    That worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Will I have to copy the file found in this thread over any existing one whenever I upgrade Media Portal?
    Os is this fixed checked-in and included in future versions?

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

just wondering if this brightness fix for the IRTrans display is ever going to be included in future SVN/Final versions of MediaPortal? I'm still having to copy this replacement ProcessPlugins file with the fix over the one included with SVN versions. Will copying this replacement file over cause me to miss out on other fixes/changes that may have been implemented since this replacement file?

Regards,
    Trav.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

I would like to put this in SVN, but I don't know this part of MP good enough to be sure that it does not break the support for other display types...

CU
    Lars

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

can anybody tell me what other processes/functions have anything to do with the ProcessPlugins.dll? I don't want to be copying the (old) replacement file over if I'm going to be losing other functions or fixes.

Cheers,
    Trav.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

can anybody tell me what other processes/functions have anything to do with the ProcessPlugins.dll? I don't want to be copying the (old) replacement file over if I'm going to be losing other functions or fixes.

Cheers,
    Trav.

Anyone??

killshoot

Portal Member
    October 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    As anyone tested the 1.0.0.0 RC1 ? The problem is still solved?

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is not fixed in 1.0.0.0 RC1. I still need to copy back the fixed ProcessPlugins.dll every time I install a weekly build. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be fixed in the final 1.0 and if not I hope that the old dll doesn't break anything in 1.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom