Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
correction
comskip launcher ONLY starts in 1.3 beta if you click test
it does not launch with recording start or end

Sometimes you have to restart your computer after changing setting in the comskip launcher, just restarting the TV service isn't enough.
I just went through this and had to restart before the settings took.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ yes tv service has to be restarted after enabling comskip launcher, I can confirm this.

Actually @Developers , should we get a mantis issue for this? I feel that either tv service should be restarted when a user enables comskip launcher, or there should be a warning / dialog advising that restart is needed / offering the option to restart tv service.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    My experience is you need to use TV Server Config > ManualControl to stop and start the TV Server if you enable/disable a TV Server plugin comskip, xmltv, webepg, powerscheduler, etc or make setting changes. I remember most of the time but overlook this on occasion. A common complaint with xmltv is people get it setup, manual import works, but the auto import does not work when a new tvguide.xml file is generated. Stop/start TV server and xmltv auto import works. I had the same problem with comskip when I installed 1.3.0beta.

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    correction
    comskip launcher ONLY starts in 1.3 beta if you click test
    it does not launch with recording start or end

Sometimes you have to restart your computer after changing setting in the comskip launcher, just restarting the TV service isn't enough.
    I just went through this and had to restart before the settings took.

Thank you that did the trick for comskip launcher
    comskip monitored is still a "no go!"
    but comskip launcher is working automatically after a reboot

mediaportal 1.3 beta windows 8

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    attached log files show error message from comskip_monitored with MePo 1.3.0beta. This is with a fresh up to date comskip_monitored (23/04/2012) from the plugin web page. I know comskip_monitored worked with MePo 1.2.3, I don't remember trying 1.3.0alpha. The error.log file shows the following

2012-12-17 11:03:26.623394 [(13)]: ComSkipMonitored 1.2.x.2 - Exception: Could not load type 'OSInfo_OSInfo' from assembly 'TvControl, Version=1.2.200.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

For testing I did the following.

1. enable comskip_monitored, stop TV Server (manual control), delete tv.log error.log, reboot. new logs show everything since reboot
    2. use TV Server Config to try a manual/test run of comskip. Fails with montored. 10:55am
    3. close TV Server Config, start MePo, do a short recording of "ABC News 11am", stopped at 11:03, comskip_monitored gets error at 11:03

4. disable comskip_monitored enable launcher, stop TV Server (manual control), delete tv.log error.log, reboot. new logs show everything since reboot
    5. use TV Server Config to try a manual/test run of comskip. comskip works/runs for a 1 or 2 minutes (small file)
    6. close TV Server Config, start MePo, do a short recording of "NBC News 11am", stopped at 11:16, comskip_launcher autostarts and works

attached tv.log and error.log files have the results from the tests, this is on a win7-64 system

ignore the BDA filter error message, I showed that to mm1352000 and is not important, I always see that in the error logs

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe this comes from support for Win8. So it should work with MP 1.3.0 Alpha.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I can confirm I get the same error message (OSInfo_OSInfo).

Running W7x64 with 1.3.0B

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom