is it time to kiss mediaportal good bye (2 Viewers)

ting

Portal Member
February 8, 2005
Sandvika, Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sorry for the late reply, I through (throwed?) my keyboard out the window. Trouble is i need my MP machine since i through my vcr out the window too. I could'nt find my toy panda to knock around.

Sorry about the streaming remark. I meant streaming live TV. This stupid peace of software handles streaming too. I have most of mye files stored on another pc, linked with gb lan. It's anoying how everything works, Ive been forced to rely on linux for my tinkering needs. It' just annoying enough that I only throw the keyboard out and not the pc.

Enough fun :wink:

Seriosly these threads have some interesting discussions. And being one of the silent happy(psycotic angry) users of mp, i'm rearly heard from. If something don't work, usally a cvs or two later and it does. Problem for the devs is that all the bugs, problem posts can be a bit disheartening. But as an earlier poster said, happy people don't post as much on bug report forums.

As for the bugs in mp, the last line in my last post gives my take on the matter.

translated from angry to happy it means:

Rc4 has been working with out a crash since I installed it! Meaning that what the devs say they are doing, they are doing, and what they are doing is working... :wink:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ting's comments make interesting READING.
    NEVER a Question.
    No SYSTEM specifications.
    AND amazingly nothing WORKS.
    Surprised I am not. :wink:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    chenks said:
    i find mediaportal to fit my DVB-T needs 95%

the 5% missing is the ability to watch my TopUpTV encrypted channels (legally - i have a subscription).
    MediaPortal supports the CI of the floppy and firedtv products ::link::

chenks said:
    if MP could support softcams for TUTV etc... then i would use it 100%.
    is there anything in the pipeline to allow this? i know a really old version did support it at one point.
    You have a subscription, just buy a card with CI that is supported by MediaPortal.

MediaPortal will NEVER support softcam's

Mediaportal policy on sattelite/cam/dvb hacking

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

zion22

Portal Pro
    April 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've installed MP 3 times now... First time it was RC3 w/o SVN's. Next time it was RC3 with at the time the latest SVN. Now i've installed RC4 with the latest SVN.

Everytime I've reinstalled it, the performance of everything have increased by about 25%, fewer and fewer bugs, more features.

Say what you want, but this software works and it's improving at an amazing speed. :)

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    infinityloop said:
    MediaPortal will NEVER support softcam's
    MediaPortal HAS supported it in the past though.. i believe the reason it stopped supporting it is that the developers fell out with the people who knew how to code the support?

to re-iterate... i am NOT asking to do something illegal.. i have a subscription and i have a tv card that i am happy with, which also has an official usb card reader & softcam solution... therefore all i was asking was for MP to support this method to view subscription channels. it is NOT hacking in any way.

MediaPortal is surely alienating a lot of potential users by missing out this important thing. this is a good product, but i think unless all users can watch ALL their channels the product will be limited going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom