Is there a mailing list for the 1.1 release? (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Just wondering if its possible to be notified by email when the new build comes out?

If not, any plans for a mailing list of new builds as they are released?

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't know of such a mailing list. You could joing the IRC channel (#mediaportal on freenode) and wait for the channel-topic to change :)

-level20peon

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Why don't we give it a try?

A lot of users will already have google/gmail accounts for monitoring other skins and plugins.
    Lets see if this is going to work.
    For a start I will post the official releases and SVN's for a while to see if it helps.
    If requested, we can even give the skin/plugin authors access to notify via the whole group.

MediaPortalNews | Google Groups

Subscribe to the list and be notified about the release.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could create a custom rss-feed via yahoo-pipes for yourself and use the email-alert as output option. You can use rss and also scrape html where rss isn't available and create your very own mashup of information there so the output really gives you everything YOU need in the format YOU want. I don't think you are going to reach this amount of personalization via mailing list.

Just a suggestion.

-level20peon

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks, that is quite a lot of personalization.

Looks like you can also link a RSS feed to a google group. Maybe I will investigate tha on another day.
    New ventures :D

At this stage the Mailing List has 3 members, me included :D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Why don't we give it a try?

A lot of users will already have google/gmail accounts for monitoring other skins and plugins.
    Lets see if this is going to work.

MediaPortalNews | Google Groups

Subscribe to the list and be notified about the release.

I just saw that I can even add members who does not have a gmail/google account. Just send me a PM with your email address, and I will add you to be notified of future releases.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Yeah, the initial notification went out to 11 subscribers only a few minutes after the team published 1.0.1 on SourceForge.

If the interest grow, we should also decide if we want to use it for skins plugins etc.

Users who are viewing this thread