It can't find my TV Tuner Card???? (3 Viewers)

supra_x206

Portal Member
January 24, 2007
Home Country
whheeeewww.... <looks above> that sure was a long post :D....

anyways... i bought 2 asus mycinema's and the device id was the same except for the rev_d0 and D1 thingy.... it's better you install every needed driver and codec first then go to system properties, list down the proper device name and device id except for the last string after the rev_d1/0 thingy and compare it to capturecarddefinitions.xml... if everything is right... i'm sure you can make it detected in no time :D... i know you can, i'm a noob and i made it work :D

for anymore questions, feel free to ask :D

supra_x206

Portal Member
January 24, 2007
Home Country
well, i reviewed your file above and here's your def. for mycinema:
<capturecard commercialname="ASUS WiFi-Tv Analog" capturename="713x BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_81881043&a mp;rev_d0">

here's one thing: make sure the values for subsys is in the device id in system properties... also the D1/D0 thingy because it differs sometimes, i may have D! you may have D0... i know cause my two cards have different rev's...
another thing make sure the capture names are the same too.... peace!
and ohh... here's another: in you definitions, after the subsys value,there is an "&a mp" get rid of the space... maybe that's what's causing the trouble... or is it a typo?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Okay..I redownloaded the program, fresh , and followed your instructions. Chnging the D to F in both strings, did not cause the program to recognize the tuner card.

Cal, you have confused the hell out of me now ... :(

In your original post, you said that your TV card iss a ASUS My Cinema P7131, but the manual you have linked to is for a ASUS TV FM card. Exactly which TV card do you have? This information is vital - we need to know exactly what TV card you have and its type - is it DVB, analog, dual (both DVB and analog) and is it hardware or software encoding?

I have pasted what the file looks like now, below. If I did this right, what would be my next step>

Please do not paste huge files like that in the thread - please use the "attachment" option in future.

Exactly which lines in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml did you change?
    Could you paste just the 2 sections (from <capturecard commercialname=" to </capturecard> , which is about 20 lines of text each) of the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml that you changed, so I can take a look at it?

I am still concerned that you are entering typos, as your earlier post (#16) still has 48451403 for subsys, when it should be subsys_48451043

Is this the correct dev_ID for your card (as listed by Windows properties):-

ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_48451043&amp;rev_f0

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    Info

First, let me apologize for the long post. I tried to delete it but there is no function to do so.

My card is called a ASUS TV/FM Card. I think it is simply called a 7133. I posted a link to the user manual. This manual looks exatcly like my card. My card only has a FM plug, a Cable TV plug and a s-VHS plug on the back. it is quite basis. I am sorry if I caused some confusion.

So...I am also confused as to what to do next. If your previous instructions were based on my specifyig the wrong card, then we probably need to start over.

To answer your question as to what i have done so far, I simply searched those two strings you previously asked me to, and changed the D to an F in both those strings. i left everythign else as is, to avoid typos. So the D0 became a f0 in both instances, and it did not work.

Now I wonder if it's because we are looking for the wrong card in the file?

Maybe we should all take a step back and start again? :sorry:

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    My card seems to be the 7133.

The ID details for this card, under properties is

PCI\ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_48451403&amp; rev_f0\3&61AAA01&0&50

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    From my reading of the manual that you have linked to, it looks like the ASUS TV FM card is an analog software encoding card? Thus, it requires a software encoder to be installed to encode the analog TV signal into MPEG2.

I have never used a software encoding TV card, so I am "flying blind" from here on ...

Also, the ASUS TV FM card is not listed as a supported card with Mediaportal, but a search of the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file shows the following 3 entries:-

Code:
    <capturecard commercialname="ASUS TV FM 7134(PAL)" capturename="Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7134&amp;subsys_48421043&amp;rev_01">
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
        <tv>
          <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="tvtuner" name="Asus TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="tvaudio" name="Asus TV7134 TVAudio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="crossbar" name="Asus TV7134 Crossbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="capture" name="Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="videncoder" name="%videoencoder%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
            <filter cat="audencoder" name="%audioencoder%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
            <filter cat="mux" name="%mpegmux%" checkdevice="false"></filter>
          </filters>
          <connections>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="ASUS TV FM 7134(PAL)" capturename="ASUS TV7134 WDM Video Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7134&amp;subsys_48421043&amp;rev_01">
        <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
        <tv>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ASUS TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ASUS TV7134 TVAudio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="crossbar" name="ASUS TV7134 Crossbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="capture" name="ASUS TV7134 WDM Video Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
          </filters>
          <connections>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection>
            <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

<capturecard commercialname="ASUS TV FM 7134" capturename="Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7134&amp;subsys_48401043&amp;rev_01">
        <tv>
          <filters>
            <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ASUS TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ASUS TV7134 TVAudio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="crossbar" name="ASUS TV7134 Crossbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
            <filter cat="capture" name="ASUS TV7134 WDM Video Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
          </filters>
          <connections>
          </connections>
        </tv>
      </capturecard>

Which all refer to the 7134 chipset version. The first 2 entries (in the list above) look identical to me?

Assuming that your card is similar to the 7134, it might be worth trying to modify the first entry I have listed, by:-

changing the <capturecard commercialname="ASUS TV FM 7134(PAL)" and the capturename="Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture" to exactly match your card

changing the devID to be exactly the same as your card - ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_48451403&amp;rev_f0

changing the following filter names to match exactly what you have installed (listed in hardware properties):-

<filter cat="tvaudio" name="Asus TV7134 TVAudio"
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="Asus TV7134 Crossbar"
    <filter cat="capture" name="Asus TV7134 WDM Video Capture"

You will need to install all the software that came with your card, and make sure that the TV card works correctly with the ASUS application, before attempting to get it to work with MediaPortal.

Also, please refer to this link for more details on getting software encoding cards to work

HTH .... :)

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    Taipan:

I appreciate all of your help, but I am afraid that I am out of my league here. The ASUS card works with the software that came with it, but the software that came with it is rather clunky. I was thus hoping to get media portal to work. I wish there were an easier way. I just know that i won't be able to follow all the technical stuff. ;-(

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Cal,

This is a "wild shot", but could you try the attached CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file? I have modified it with some assumptions of the filter names, and with a bit of luck, it might be correct ... :)

Rename your existing "CaptureCardDefinitions.xml" to "CaptureCardDefinitions.xml-old" and then save the attached file into the MediaPortal folder. Launch MediaPortal Setup and see if it recognises your TV card .... here's hoping ...

supra_x206

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Home Country
    cal: ahhmmm... i can't open the link... anyways, if the above solution by taipan doesn't work try to get your card supported...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom