It can't find my TV Tuner Card???? (1 Viewer)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am sorry Cal, but I will have to admit defeat with this exercise .... :oops:

I thought that your TV card was very similar to the ASUS TV FM 7134, so it would be just a matter of tweaking a couple of entires in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file. However, I am not so sure now ...

I expected to find something like the following listed in your hardware properties for this card (under Sound, video and game controllers):-

ASUS TV Tuner
    ASUS TV7133 TVAudio
    ASUS TV7133 Crossbar
    ASUS TV7133 WDM Video Capture

But, only "ASUS Silicon WDM Video Capture" is listed ..... :confused:

I think that the best approach now is to follow the instructions here, and send all the required information to "dman_lfc" and see if he is able to assist?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    I send my card info to that address a little while ago and I got a working reply the very next day, so that method relay does work. (mine was a different ASUS tuner)

Cal

Portal Member
    February 8, 2007
    Tuner Card

Thank-you for all of your help. It has been much appreciated.

Yesterday, i discovered an alternative program that works with my card. It is still made by InterVideo, but it is a program called WinDVR 3. The different is that the Win DVR 3 program is a lot more elegant than the program that came with my card. Thus , iit is a good working alternative to my current software and to media portal.

Having said that, we've come this far in the process, I may as well follow the instructions you posted and see if I can get the card supported somehow.

Thaks again for all of your help and patience!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom