ITV HD Listings (1 Viewer)

keithwhite

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
Thanks, but how do i update the XML files ? I've searched the WIKI and the manual but its not mentioned how to do that except manually

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I guess i should write a xmltv guide one day! ill add it to my to-do list!

You need to use the xmltv program to download and update the files. and schedule it to run ever day or two to get new listings.

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    :D

Hmmm looked into this, to get xmltv to run do i need to install perl and then configure xmltv for the uk ?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    no need to install per - there should be an executable.

the very rough guide is:
    1. get the latest xmltv executable from: SourceForge.net: XMLTV: Files
    2. run xmltv in the console (dos prompt) and it will tell you to run something like "xmltv --configure uk_radiotimes_tv"
    3. once you do that it will prompt you for which channels you want to download.
    4. once done, anytime you run "xmltv uk_tv_radiotimes" (or something like that), it downloads the listings. You probably need to pipe it into a file by putting "> C:\tvguide.xml" at the end.

if thats all working it can then be imported into mediaportal, and you can then map the channels.

i'll see if i can find time to make a nice how-to.

although what i tend to do is load in the xmltv guide, and then have the over the air EPG overwrite it. so best of both - radiotimes xmltv for 14 days of listings, and over the air that handles last minute changes nicely.

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Thats what happens when you use windows, forget to open a dos box and just run the .exe :oops:

I'll run what you have suggested :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web browser. You can sniff http comunication with the help of Wireshark or Fiddler to determine channel url which can be used to create IPTV channel in TV server. If the url is not static(changes dynamically)...
    If I understand correctly, your device is combination of DVB-C tuner, router and some web access to play the channels in PC web...
    So, I appear to have done a successful install of Media Portal (MP2 vers. 2.5) on my Windows 10 machine but I can't get it to get...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one and the new one. Simply delete the old one. When this happens in the future, you can select a channel and click the "Preview" button on the panel. If the channel is working, a small preview screen appears...
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one...
    Help Please, I have a couple of issues. Query 1: Regarding the Quest channel: Last week, I set it to record a program and it...
    Replies
    Views
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did the trick! Thanks all for your help with this.
    Solved!! After testing the procedure on the old machine I uninstalled the LAV filters before re-installing MediaPortal and that did...
    I recently installed MediaPortal 2.4 on a new computer and copied several TV shows from the previous one to an external drive...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom