Java ticker not readable (1 Viewer)

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Exactly the same here with both Firefox & IE. According to the Java Plug-in Control Panel I'm using JRE 1.4.2_08. The Java icon in the system tray shows up and the applet get's loaded, but it only display two small scrolling strokes... :?:

Kind regards,
    Michel

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hmmm,

The one here seems to work, so maybe it's the plugin that's not correctly handling the "TEXTURL" attribute. I'm currently behind a M$ Proxy - :cry: - so maybe that's causing this.

From what I've read about the ProScroll thingy, it shows the text from the "TEXT" attribute if the "TEXTURL" could not be loaded. Maybe one could add this attribute with something like "Latest CVS news could not be loaded"?

Kind regards,
    Michel

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yesterday (at home) didn't see anything. Today (at work) I see the following scrolling by: "Error loading text from URL: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect"

[edit:] using ie 6 in both cases - different computers.

Mike

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Layout Website not good in Firefox since Ticker

The Java ticker works for me in Firefox 1.0.7. However the "mediaportal box"-logo is split apart at the bottom. It isn't in explorer. Not that I want to wine about details, just pointing it out in case the admin didn't see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its subcategories restored and a few of the broken sites that I had are now back and working. I think it proves that the core program is fine, but there is a problem with the internet connection. I have no idea what...
    Thank you so much, I have downloaded and then cut and pasted the files into their respective locations and iPlayer has its...
    Good evening I never was able to solve my TLS problems and my Online Videos installation is now getting seriously outdated (here...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom