Jump backward in PCR detected! (2 Viewers)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    That would reguire some sort of method for running regsvr32 /u oldTsWriter.ax + regsvr32 patchedTsWriter.ax . Or the installer would need to be patched so that it would ask from the user if he wants to use the specific version of TsWriter.ax . I would say that both are too complicated for a short time sollution (at least I hope that it wont take more than a month to get the rewrite done).

tourettes,

good to ear that in a month the problem is supposed to be fixed :D

but I think that in the meanwhile there can be two filters: TsWriter.ax and TsWriterFixed.ax and a checkbox in TV server to choice which one to use, no need to regsvr32 it because the main interface doesn't change...

This is just a nidea to allow as many people as possible to test xurr changes and then have a good starting point for the rewrite...

In any case for me it's working now.... many many :D to xurr for the time spent on finding a so good solution to this annoying problem.

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    xurr,

finally I found the time to test your TsWriter.ax version 06-12-2007 and it works fine.
    Only found a little issue in video/audio sync when changing channel: I have a mix of old and new audio and some still images before having both in sync on the new channel data. This is for 2/3 secs...

Can you review this too, then for me the patch is complete !

Thanks again for your help...

Simone

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello,
    I don't think the problem you are reporting is not related to my fix. Try to play with the TVE3 client settings (eg. "Try to avoid seeking..." and "Rebuild graph...", try with different decoder settings, etc.

I always had a few "frames" (I wouldn't say "seconds"...) of generic image instability/corruption after a channel change, I considered this rather normal.

Cheers,
    Sergio

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Xurr,
    your TsWriter mod doesn't work anymore with latest SVNs.
    I've noticed that the original TsWriter.ax has changed (is no more 26 november version).
    Can you please give us a new version with the new sources?
    Thank you

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello,
    I stopped updating my system to recent SVNs after I found a fairly-stable build, so I also stopped updating/building TsWriter with my code fix. I may try to download the latest SVN code and build a new version, although I will not even be able to actually test it...

Cheers,
    X

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello xurr, which SVN are you using, fairly-stable? I'm experiencing a lot of problems (TV guide disappearing, TVserver hangs in timeshift, ffwd and rewind not showing video, ...) since september, and they keep increasing :(
    Your TsWriter fix was great , but I'm not able to find a stable TVServer SVN... Which SVN are you using? And others guys?

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm using SVN 12-04-2007 Rev16599 (both MP and TVE3).

I don't use TV much, I mostly use MP for watching TV series (using the latest TVSeries SVN plugin).

TV Guide is not disappearing (unless my night cron job fails to download it... I like the TVserver option to clean the TV guide before importing it, but if the tvguide.xml file is empty, the TV guide obviously remains empty!).
    TVserver doesn't seem to hang during timeshift.
    FFWD/REW of video does work fine, but only with MPV decoder (I had problems with other codecs).

My major problems are now related to MyMusic (sometimes it totally crashes when the first song is played, sometimes it crashes during song play) and to the TV server not always "surviving" to a hibernate (I still have to deeply look into this, it never seems to have problems with standby).

Cheers!
    X

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    New TsWriter.ax based on latest SVN

I recently installed a recent SVN (16795), regardless of some negative comments I saw in the forum which report problems in graph building: fortunately I have no such problems, the only major problem is still the "jumping PCR" one.

I updated my patch to the latest code base, I attach the compiled code to this message so that everybody (especially italians!) can test/use it!

Cheers,
    X

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    xurr, thank you again
    but can you please make another compile,
    because in the latest SVNs (after your latest compile) dvb radio works again?
    Thank you

xurr

Portal Pro
    May 3, 2006
    Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Recompiled, again...

Hello,
    I recompiled TsWriter again, updating the source to the very latest SVN.

I haven't even run it and I won't be able to run it until the weekend since I have no easy access to my HTPC, please try it yourself but be warned that it is totally untested!

Cheers,
    X

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom