keystroke ! in My TV (1 Viewer)

kalon

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

When pressing shift-1 (!) in my TV I get som useful info that I read about.
But the vertical line: should it run smoothly? (Mine jumps a few pixels now and then)

// Kalle

DaveInUK

Portal Member
November 5, 2005
Hi,

Yes my 'line' does as well. I thought that the underlying TV would jitter or that any recoding was doing would do so also but no! So, yes, I wonder too what the vertical line means; it certainly doesn't seem to correspond to the top left performance figures on refresh rates, draw rates, jitter etc. I have seen the vertical line stop for some moments yest nothing changes in the figures!

Experts, any help for us?

Dave

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

afaik this line is there to see if the picture is "tearing". In this case you would see the line splitting of in the middle of the screen. Somthing like that:

OOO|OOO
    OOO|OOO
    OO|OOOO
    OO|OOOO

So half of the picture would be faster than the other part... :)

Flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a recording, pressing either button again turns the red dot off and cancels the recording. I did not try with the number buttons, I am running MP 1.29.
    For me it is not momentary i.e.when I press play/pause or stop the red dot appears and stays there and presumably has scheduled a...
    I recollect someone else reporting this problem, but I cannot now find the relevant post. In this thread I want describe the...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    Ops. I disabled the Skin Translations plugin. That's all it was. :ROFLMAO:
    Ops. I disabled the Skin Translations plugin. That's all it was. :ROFLMAO:
    So I was stripping away some unused plugins from Mediaportal. Not sure exactly what change caused it exactly, but now instead of...
    Replies
    Views
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently switched to be the main channel), but the graph stays the same in any of the possible scenarios. N.
    I get the same graph for both channels in PiP mode. See attached. No sound from second channel (even it it's subsequently...
    I had this problem in MP1, and could never solve it, which prompted me to switch to MP2, in which, blessedly, I did not have the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom