KNC ONE TV-Station CI/CAM not recognized (1 Viewer)

Pullkick

Portal Member
March 11, 2006
prophet
Sorry, I was not able to connect the pins, however, I did not understand anything from the tutorial.

Could you explain to me exactly which filters to insert in which sequence and which to connect to each other?

I was always getting a 0x80040217 error on connecting those I thought to be correct.

Pullkick

Portal Member
March 11, 2006
frodo
I just installed BDA drivers 1.7.1.8 but it did not change anything.

Find the new logs attached.

Wishbringer

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Have the same problem like Pullkick:
KNC Card is detected in TV.log. Unscrambled channels work fine, and were scanned proberly (all were found). But when switching to scrambled ones, there is no decryption, no picture.
KNC 1.7.1.8 Drivers with KNC1 DVB-C Card, CineView and AlphaCrypt 3.09

In TSWriter.log I have following entry, so it should work:
KNCBDA_CI_Enable
knc card detected with CAM

frodo:
I can't say how happy I am now that my card is supported. Thank you!!!
And I am sure that above issues will be solved in near future when you have received your ordered card and you've played a little bit around with it.

Hm, i am using "default" CAM when scanning channels. Perhaps Alphacrypt CAM or Tividi Channel need another CAM selected?!

prophet2k

March 8, 2007
@prophet
Sorry, I was not able to connect the pins, however, I did not understand anything from the tutorial.

Could you explain to me exactly which filters to insert in which sequence and which to connect to each other?

I was always getting a 0x80040217 error on connecting those I thought to be correct.

I've got the same error every time. It doesn't mean anything then as you have the same problem with the connection. Therefore it is not a solution/cause for my problem.

Btw, I didn't really understand the connection either :D But thanks for trying! :D

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    at dvbforum.com there are many threads about the KNC and CineView problems (i happen to have one myself, never got the CI to work). especially rev. 1.1 of the CineView module seems to be rather troublesome. it looks like they have it working now in the native WDM drivers, maybe they can add the same solutions to the DVB driver.

prophet2k

March 8, 2007

1. TV Card: KNC One TV Station Plus DVB-C 221894
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA 1.7.1.6 beta
    2. TV Card: KNC One TV Station Plus DVB-C 221894

Are you sure, the subsys ID is right? Either it is a non-plus version or it must be 00231894, can you please check in the device manager? When did you buy the card?

If it is really the last revision you are the first one I found so far on the internet who's got a signal > 0 and channel scan with the BDA drivers :D

Pullkick

Portal Member
    March 11, 2006
    prophet
    I bought the cards in Feb 06.

They lay around in my office for over a year. I quit my first attempt to build a htpc since I got too many stops in the stream making it unacceptable.

With the new drivers and mediaportal its acceptable now (with the unscrambled channels ;) ).

Pullkick

Portal Member
    March 11, 2006
    frodo
    you or some other team member stated that you are receiving support from KNC1 now to incorporate the BDA driver into MP.

Is that true?

Pullkick

Portal Member
    March 11, 2006
    @concerned devs (frodo, etc.)
    Have you any idea where the problem actually lies?

I looked at the code, but it seems rather straight forward. The CI is enabled but actually it is not descrambling anything. Maybe adding another check if enabling really worked and logging the output could help. I guess this is a bug somewhere in the BDA drivers.

Does KNC provide a demo environment proving that their BDA driver works?

Pullkick

Portal Member
    March 11, 2006
    I took the time to call the German KNC One support, guessing that this would not help but I did not want to leave an option.

They told me that they do not know of any application being able to use the Cineview module with the BDA drivers.

So, we cannot compare mediaportals behaviour to another application.

In general they presented themselves with the usual overwhelming lack of interest in problems with 3rd party applications as support guys always do :(

Also they did not know anything of new upcoming versions of th BDA driver and stated repeatedly that the current BDA driver is able to support the cineview module. My guess is these guys do not have a clue of the whole thing but, again, who am I to judge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom