Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Awesome!! I will install the latest SVN and test it out tonight when I get home from work...... (yeah, I am reading forums at work).

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
Btw, have you been able to look into the problem where the stream won't start and just play a short burst, requiring a restart of MP to get it playing again?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I already have a detailed guess what might happen and how to fix but I'd need a log of the Bass error which occurs - maybe it is more verbose than just some "outtiming".

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    I am using the Discovery mode now. Way cool! I'm finally listening to NEW music again, and not the same tunes over and over like before.

On another note... is the BASS engine required to use the plugin? I tried to switch to the other player choice, internal dshow, but the plugin never started to play, the spinning circle never went away. As soon as I switched back to BASS, playback worked fine. I have nothing against BASS, I just wanted to test if the problem with interrupted playback went away when using the other player.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    I already have a detailed guess what might happen and how to fix but I'd need a log of the Bass error which occurs - maybe it is more verbose than just some "outtiming".

How can I get you the log you need? Attached is the current MP log when the problem occurs. I was playing last.fm just fine, enjoying the new Discovery Mode. I stopped it and watched a video for about 20 minutes or so. When I returned to last.fm, the problem occurs, just 1 sec burst, then the music stops.

There is one error message that seem to show up in the log every time this happens, and that is

Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.StopRadioCommand failed reason:No tuner cards installed time:0 msec

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Strange, Bass does even think it is still playing.. The radio error is irrelevant this is for DVB in MyRadio only - no idea why nobody dares to touch that.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm having a problem with the last.fm plugin using the latest SVN version of MP:

2007-01-31 20:51:39.125000 [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Player.PlayerFactory.Create(String fileName)
    at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.RADIOLASTFM.StreamControl.PlayStream()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.RADIOLASTFM.GUIRadioLastFM.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

It seems to pass null to the gplayer..any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to set the audioplayer to BASS. It works now :)

jarreboum

Portal Member
    March 2, 2007
    Audioscrobbling is only active on the Last.fm MP window? How do you activate scrobbling on the My Audio MP window? I want to have scrobbling enabled on whatever screen I'm looking at, is it possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom