[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (2 Viewers)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hello guys,

Got a question, i am using latest iMon manager + MiniDisplay plugin (set to use Sound Graph display for iMon Manager > 8.01) and Titan skin.

The issue is that when i am using Basic Home then each time i am at the Basic Home menu then VFD is displaying the following: Mediaportal #item name, it does that on each menu in basic home, in classic home it works fine displaying the module name properly. I wonder how u guys work around that?

In Titan Basic Home editor i properly see the module names set correctly yet VFD doesn't display them.

Any ideas?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This does not seem to be an issue with MiniDisplay itself as I don't have that issue with another MiniDisplay driver.
    Possibly specific to iMon somehow.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I agree, it seems that MP doesn't send the proper info to the VFD. I wonder why tho.
    --- Post updated ---
    Cause if u open Titan Basic Home Editor u will see that it does add a TAG with the menu NAMES.

Somehow this doesn't reach the VFD. But when i use Classic home it works just fine.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Any ideas azzuro on what is the issue? It seems that Basic Home (on both Titan and Default Wide) is not passing the Sub Menu Name to the MiniDisplay plugin. I think MiniDisplay is configured to read Name info from Only Classic Menu and as a result it cannot pull data from a Basic Home menu and ends up displaying #item name cause it simply doesn't get any info regarding that item.

Untitled.jpg

Maybe minidisplay is pulling Menu info from this file and when we switch to Basic Home it doesn't know from where to pull data from.

So it needs further investigation.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I have search few time ago without sucess. But my test on dummy MiniDisplayPlugin was the same result

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's odd cause I don't have that issue on some other MD driver.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am investigating the issue atm, will report back with more info when i get some:)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok got some more info:)

It seems not all skins are affected but the ones i tried now are. So my theory of MiniDisplay not pulling Data from the correct file is looking good till now.

I think MiniDisplay expects to find Data in a specific file and when this file is not present or the information is not present in the file then we get this issue.

Bellow are some screenshots with 3 different skins.

1. Apollo
    Untitled.jpg

2. Titan Extended One
    Untitled1.jpg

3. Default Wide
    Untitled3.jpg

As u can see 1 and 3 are affected 2 is not but when i set Titan Extended to "Extended Two" then it is affected as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom