[solved] Latest iMon + Minidisplay (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    As a rule, 2 transformations are enough. But just in case it can be done 3 times. That for sure. The more so in the procedure is the verification, on the possible content of the property.

--
    WBR, ajs

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    because due to many variable to be converted by mp, it need to do it 3x for resolve the good result.
    I can see that but why, and why just for some skins? I'm concerned we are just working around the issue rather than analysing the whole problem and coming up with an optimal solution.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    I can see that but why, and why just for some skins? I'm concerned we are just working around the issue rather than analysing the whole problem and coming up with an optimal solution.
    This occurs in the skins in which an editor with multilevel property assignment is used. It can improve this by improving the property parsing procedure. But this breaks the DWHD skin. So we decided to leave it as it is. Ie by design. :)

--
    WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    Skins with Editor and multilevel properties: DWHD, Ares. But Correction of this procedure will break only DWHD :)

--
    WBR, ajs

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Germany Germany
    Hi ajs,

sorry for my late response, I was at work too and had no chance to test the patch earlier.
    Great Job! The patch is working with 1.17pre. :):):)
    There is only one minor thing left (would not call it issue) : After starting up MP and entering Home Screen,
    the initially selected item is no displayed in minidisplay. In this case you still see "Media Portal" and the clock.
    As soon as you move the cursor once everthing is working correctly with Default Wide HD Skin.
    Thank you again for this update in such short time!

If you think you can fix the above mentioned, let me know. I will test and feedback.

regards, jassmel

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    After starting up MP and entering Home Screen,
    the initially selected item is no displayed in minidisplay. In this case you still see "Media Portal" and the clock.
    As soon as you move the cursor once everthing is working correctly with Default Wide HD Skin.
    It's not a bug it's a feature. When MP is idle MiniDisplay shows MediaPortal and the time. I would not bother changing that.

jassmel

Portal Member
    November 30, 2010
    Germany Germany
    you are right. After thinking about it some more minutes, I came also to the conclusion that this is a feature and not a bug.
    As soon as MP Home Screen is idle after switching from e.g. TV to Music it changed again to "Media Portal" and clock.
    So no reason to change anything here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    1gkar Latest Intel HD4600 Drivers Issue General Support 1
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons Fanart Handler 19
    T No TV after updating Windows 10 to latest Version 1903 / OS build 18362.175 (logs attached) General Support 2
    Rob Hexenmeister Latest Media Handler - facade properties - itemcount General Support 3
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest media handler - time reported as date Fanart Handler 18
    Rob Hexenmeister Video Buttons / Latest Media MediaPortal 1 Skins 7
    Lichloathe [solved] Latest Media Handler - Default view for TVSeries on startup Fanart Handler 2
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control Fanart Handler 26
    uxDesign [Question] Where are the latest sources of mpextended? MPExtended 3
    joEhSuper [solved] Latest Media Handler wrong version in MPE Fanart Handler 3
    joecrow [solved] Latest Media Handler - Latests empty Fanart Handler 24
    bigboss97 Does anyone has a SoundGraph imon remote file for MP2 to share? General 0
    T How to add missing buttons IR Server Suite (IRSS) 0
    Rob Hexenmeister That old chestnut - IMON General Support 10
    T Nochmal Imon Pad und Mediaportal 1 Installationsprobleme? 3
    T Imon Pad mit Mediaportal Allgemeines Supportforum 12
    T IMON+Logitech Harmony General 3
    S Mini Display MP 1.24 no Volume OSD no action for keys Mini Display 0
    I MiniDisplay Sonstige Hardware 2
    Top Bottom