Latest Release (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Work/Family/etc prevent the project owner to find the time to do so.

An alternative, without compiling your own version, is the v1.5.2:1528 test-build that I uploaded on IMDb+ project site over on Google code.

Direct link = http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/downloads/list

It was meant for IMDb+ users to test the new Moving-Pictures features for 'collections', 'plot keywords' and 'release date', but it is now turning into a dirty fix for users who are running into all the issues fixed a long time ago.

Example of a reworked skin I use myself that shows all the new options:

5.MovingPictures.Technical.Details.Reworked.png

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hm thanks, I may try that one.

I'm wondering, can't somebody affiliated with the project do a "latest compile/installer" with all of the releases since February?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Nope only project owner can. A co-owner could as well, but none exist for MovPic.

Eventually I know people will get tired of it and fork the entire project if needed to keep it moving forward. Month of December allows extra personal time for a lot of developers, so who knows... stay tuned :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Work/Family/etc prevent the project owner to find the time to do so.
    Heh, this probably gives me too much of a pass. I have had a lot going on personally lately (several weddings, a funereal, holidays and family stuff) and I have been working on getting a startup off the ground, so I have very little time for Moving Pictures right now. But that shouldn't mean the project should suffer, especially when there are other active developers. The problem is simply that I have not done a good job transitioning responsibilities to new people as I have had less and less time to offer. I'm sorry about that.

Damien has been active with the project lately and put together the recent beta so I will talk to him about getting things straitened out so that a release does not depend on my availability. I am sorry if this has created confusion for anyone.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    Damien did a great job so far, and his release is really stable, so you could get rid of the word Beta and release it as is ;)

Where is that latest beta found? I'd like to give it a shot. The biggest issue for me is the ratings window not being available, other than that it's still pretty stable and functional for me.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Where is that latest beta found? I'd like to give it a shot. The biggest issue for me is the ratings window not being available, other than that it's still pretty stable and functional for me.

Should work as-is via MediaPortal Extension Installer shortcut on your desktop (MPEI), just make sure you update the list, so that your MPEI is aware of the new 1.6.2 version. Options -> Download Online Update Info.

Users who are viewing this thread