Latest Release (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Where is that latest beta found? I'd like to give it a shot. The biggest issue for me is the ratings window not being available, other than that it's still pretty stable and functional for me.

Should work as-is via MediaPortal Extension Installer shortcut on your desktop (MPEI), just make sure you update the list, so that your MPEI is aware of the new 1.6.2 version. Options -> Download Online Update Info.

Aha, very odd. For some reason it wasn't working for me. I had to go to file/refresh and manually load it, then they all showed. THANKS!

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
Ok so, even after the update, the rating dialog is still not working.
version 1.6.2.1566 - after watching a movie, the rating dialog does not pop up. The remote also stops working.

If I close MP and open it again, the remote works again.

Also, if I go into moving pictures, and right click a movie (get the options menu up), then pick option 1 then option 3 (rate movie) - nothing pops up, and once again the remote fails to work... gotta restart mediaportal again.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok so, even after the update, the rating dialog is still not working.

Can confirm ;)

That would be your skin.

Seems the skin files to fix your rating dialog did not update.

I do not know what skin you are using, it could be that your skin simply was not updated yet by its developer, so check the skin thread on the forum them for an update, or check their respective SVN.

If you use Titan, then check the titan.version.xml file and verify that you have <label>Titan v1.5.0.327</label> or higher (grabbed it from a MePo v1.5 install, hence the older version). Don't know the latest version, but I am sure it is listed on the forum, and it should have auto-updated. Otherwise manually launch the Titan config inside MediaPortal config and you can manually force an update.

A debug log file would tell you exactly what is failing if you recreate the issue by trying to launch the rating dialog, so if you provide a zip file with all log files in its entirely (providing only a small part that you think is relevant means you are smart enough to fix it all by yourself) then more direct help is easier to provide.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I would say your skin is not yet updated to support 'checkmark' for the rating dialog (dialogGeneralRating.xml). Don't be confused with checkbuttons catavolt ;)
    Fixed Rate Dialog not working with MediaPortal 1.3+ (replaced toggle buttons with checkmarks).

fyi, if you are a trakt user you can use the Trakt rating dialog instead which has support for a 10 point scale. According to (http://trakt.tv/user/shackrock) you are a trakt user so it would be better to use the trakt one which can support 10 point or 2 point (love/hate) scale. The trakt rate dialog can be enabled in GUI/Trakt/Settings.

Last edited:

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    I've got Titan 1.4.0.0. I run the updater and it says nothing new available....odd right?

Also - no longer a trackt user, now I'm a follw.it user =).

Looks like I'll have to do some manual skin updating then will report back.

Users who are viewing this thread