Launch a random trailer before movie (1 Viewer)

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
It's my understanding that 0.8 will have a "Watch Trailer" option when you go into a movie, so you won't need to mess around with filters. I'm v.exctied about that, especially if it can stream them (where available) from the web!

However, I still like the idea of watching a trailer or two, chosen at random from you own collection so that, once you've picked your movie, it showcases what you could have watched. Even better if the file is 'selected' (i.e. genre/age appropriate).

I'm sure someone much cleverer than me would know how to do this.... unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start...

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Thank goodness for that. Lets get our genre filters up and running first eh! :D Poor old Ffore, getting some friendly tick for some over optmtic release dates on the other thread... :mad:

Maybe I should try and learn C+....

Here's an idea... how about putting the trailers into one folder with their original name, then using MediaPortals MyVideos for trailers...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok, give this a go.

I've added a field so you can enter a regular expression to clean your filename. I've copied the expression from the moving pictures config (see below), so don't ask me too many questions about it, if there's any words you need to add, i think you can just add them to the list.

(\b(576p|720p|1080p|1080i|dircut|directors cut|dvdrip|dvdscreener|dvdscr|avchd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|hd|r5|dvd|dvdr|dvd5|dvd9|bd5|bd9|dts|ac3|bluray|blu-ray|hdtv|pdtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FESTIVAL|LIMITED|WS|FS|PROPER|REPACK|RERIP|REAL|RETAIL|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATRICAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|INTERNAL|DUBBED|SUBBED)\b([-].+?$)?)

I've also added a save settings button which copies you current settings and should make them default. Should save entering the same details over and over again.

I'm not sure what language all the other scrappers are written in (best guess, java?). It's nto something i'm familiar with, but if anyone wants to give me a steer in the right direction, i'd love to help out and get this integarted into MP!

Enjoy

Could you make an option so instead of using the filename it uses the folder name to search for the movie.
    I have my movies like this \root folder\moviename (year)\filename.ext

eg.

\28 Weeks Later (2007)\filename.avi
    \Die Hard (1995)\filename.mkv

Alternatively you could use the moving pictures.db3 database file.
    It would look for a trailer for each movie in the database.
    Then it would either
    Option 1 - Save the movie as trailer.mov in the same folder as the movie (it would get the movie folder location from the database)
    Option 2 - Save the movie as moviename.mov in a custom trailer directory (it would get moviename from the database)

And even cooler way of doing it would be to
    Open moving pictures.db3 database file
    Look for a trailer for each movie title in the database.
    Create a folder called \trailers\
    Create a subfolder for each trailer it finds, and save the file as \trailers\moviename\trailer.mov
    If it finds a trailer, then use the database info to copy the dvd cover image to \trailers\moviename\folder.jpg
    If it finds a trailer, then use the database info to copy the fanart image to \trailers\moviename\backdrop.jpg
    If it finds a trailer. then use the database info to create a file called trailer.txt, that contains the imdb url (this helps with moving pictures import)

This way it's really easy to import the trailers info moving pictures and create a category filter called trailers.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Launch a random trailer before movie

ok, give this a go.

I've added a field so you can enter a regular expression to clean your filename. I've copied the expression from the moving pictures config (see below), so don't ask me too many questions about it, if there's any words you need to add, i think you can just add them to the list.

(\b(576p|720p|1080p|1080i|dircut|directors cut|dvdrip|dvdscreener|dvdscr|avchd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|hd|r5|dvd|dvdr|dvd5|dvd9|bd5|bd9|dts|ac3|bluray|blu-ray|hdtv|pdtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FESTIVAL|LIMITED|WS|FS|PROPER|REPACK|RERIP|REAL|RETAIL|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATRICAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|INTERNAL|DUBBED|SUBBED)\b([-].+?$)?)

I've also added a save settings button which copies you current settings and should make them default. Should save entering the same details over and over again.

I'm not sure what language all the other scrappers are written in (best guess, java?). It's nto something i'm familiar with, but if anyone wants to give me a steer in the right direction, i'd love to help out and get this integarted into MP!

Enjoy

Hi SimplyC,

can you please also post the sources, so it can be adapted for personal use?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    can the MP now play a random intro video(s) before the actual movie itself?

It can play a static intro movie, but not random.

You define the intro movie in advanced settings, check the FAQ out otherwise on how to do so.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    can the MP now play a random intro video(s) before the actual movie itself?

It can play a static intro movie, but not random.

You define the intro movie in advanced settings, check the FAQ out otherwise on how to do so.

But this intro video, it's the same for all of movies?
    For example, i have my movies in each folder, with *.nfo, cover, fanart ald also a trailer (*movie*-trailer.mp4), it's possible to play for each movie this file that i have is each folder?

Or the intro video that you said, it's only one video filme that we can play as intro for all of my movies?

MatthiasB

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Jocker_Boy: No just the video you have set in the MP advanced settings.

About the intro video; I have intro videos for DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD. I was thinking that it would be cool if MP could display the intro file for the audio codec of the movie about to be watched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom