Launch a random trailer before movie (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    to get mtsa to work install the whole showtimes plugin, then configure it via the showtimes grabber process plugin
    after it is configured then it is possible to remove showtimes from mediaportal and just use the mtsa.exe as standalone
    it is possible to configure mtsa.exe without using showtimes plugin, but i think it will be easier for you.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I dont have MediaPortal on my server, so I can't do that. ANyway, it looks like Showtimes only downloads trailers for the movies that are showing in the theatres I selected, which is not the best solution, cause I don't have any of the theatres near me (live in Denmark).
    Think I'm gonna look around for something else instead.

But I'm still very interested in getting the random trailer thing working.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    well you can tell it you live in multiple cities all over the world, but yes only currently showing trailers.
    however you can set it to never delete so you will with time amas a huge selection of trailers.

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Version 0.3

Oops again. Seems I was using variable X for 2 different things.

Anyway, here's v 0.3 with a fairly decent logging mechanism - so if it doesn't work post the log and I'll have a look why (no error handling though...!)

Attachments

• MP_COPY_TRAILER_V0.3.zip
      30.7 KB

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Looks like its working. Great job, thanks.

A thought: Is it possible to play a playlist, instead of playing a file as intro? This way we could have multiple files playing, and actually achieve having different trailers before the movie.
    Just a thought, not able to test it right now.

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Looks like its working. Great job, thanks.

A thought: Is it possible to play a playlist, instead of playing a file as intro? This way we could have multiple files playing, and actually achieve having different trailers before the movie.
    Just a thought, not able to test it right now.

Thats not a bad idea. I've just done 12 hours at work, so I'm off to bed now, but if I can do a normal shift tomorrow I'll have a play. I've put the rudiments of a trailer scraper together in vb express (so far it gets as to the right page on movie-list.com! Should be simple enough) and am hoping to get it working this weekend. If I get it to go I'll post it on

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried yesterday with a playlist, but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I haven't got the trailers to play either, cause I get an error that it can't play .mov cause of wrong codecs (using SAF). I can play the trailers fine in my Videos. Gonna have a look at it some time this weekend.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi all!

Any progress with the mtsa.exe compatibility and the playlist option?

Thanks for your work SimplyC, keep up with the good job!

Regards,

Aitor

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Well hello,

so, here it is. My version of a movie trailer grabber

It goes onto Movie-List.com, ans finds the .mov files for your movies.

It's only a first version, so assumes you've got a folder per movie, and puts a trailer.mov file into that folder. I'm going to change it so you cn save all the trailers into a seperate folder if you want to.

At the moment, it doesn't save any of your settings, i'll tweak that too to save o an .ini file.

This is the first time I've published anything from VB, so apologies if I've done something not quite right - i'm not quite sure how it will work if I release a new version... guess we'll see. As usual, this is written for my own purposes, so use at your own risk.Let me knoh you get on.

Simply

Attachments

• MTSV0.02.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom