Launch PC Games from MyPrograms? (1 Viewer)

pkkid

Portal Member
May 16, 2006
This seems rather basic. Is there a way to launch any application from MyPrograms. It seems to launch an application you need both the program and a file. I tried leaving the filepath blank, but it is not working for me.

pkkid

Portal Member
May 16, 2006
Sorry, reading back.. I was totally unclear in my first post.

What I am trying to do is use MyPrograms to launch "Need For Speed" which is not an emulator game. I just want to setup a few normal computer games. Basically just say 'call this exe with NO files needed from the files tab'.

pkkid

Portal Member
May 16, 2006
Sorry, down at the VERY bottom of the wiki page had the instructions to do this. So Im all set, thanks for helping! :)

WIKI: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortal_Setup_Plugins_MyPrograms

Example 2: PC-Applications

There are several possibilities to launch PC-Applications. One easy way works like this:

In myPrograms configuration, create an application item with the parameters listed below and save this item.

Select the freshly created item in the application list and click the FILES-Button on the lower right. An editor window will appear where you can enter all the items you wish to launch. The filename of each item can either be an executable (with arguments) or simply an existing filename with an associated application treating its file extension. [Note: if you use the browse function to find an filename, you will need to add quotes around any paths which contain spaces for them to launch correctly.]

* Title: PC-Applications
* Launching Application: <none> (!)
* Arguments: <none>
* Window-Style: Normal
* Startup Directory: <none>
* Quotes around Filenames: YES
* Startup using ?ShellExecute: YES
* Source-Type: Filelauncher

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
You can always use GitHub online But judging by the picture, you are doing well. Direct Push to Master is prohibited, create PR.
Hello, Because I was annoyed with closing MP, launch config, modify setting and start MP again, I decided to give MP the ability...
Replies
Views
Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
Replies
Views
Hi Steve, nice to see you're still around! The question is a bit broad so it's hard to give a solid anwser. In which part is this happening? My videos/MovingPictures/Onlinevideos? And do you use something like subcentral/subtitledownloader? Also log files in full debug mode of such a playback where it picks the old subtitlefile could...
Hi Steve, nice to see you're still around! The question is a bit broad so it's hard to give a solid anwser. In which part is this...
It appears that MP somehow caches previously used subtitle files for subsequent use next time the same video is played. My problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix. Open MP2-Client, navigate to Settings->General->Connectivity->Home server. In the menu on the left there may be an option Detach from home server, if there is click it and acknowledge the dialog that pops up...
Hi, it looks like the Client's server connection settings got corrupted somehow and were reset, hopefully this is an easy fix...
Help Please: MP doesnt display any of my previouse recordings or TV programs It seems like the Server isnt running? MP was working...
Replies
Views
On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only if you already have Media Portal fully installed and functional. For all practical purposes you will need an internet connection to get Media Portal properly installed on a PC! Yes.
On the assumption you are using an OTA/Cable or Sat tuner then no internet connection is required for live TV recordings. BUT only...
is media portal a standalone or is internet connection required for live TV recordings? after scheduling a program will the PC turn...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom