[Pending] Live commercial skip detection (1 Viewer)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
September 12, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So, now I've got EDL set to be the default commercial skipping file type. If you're using local or UNC .txt files will continue to work for legacy purposes, but via RTSP only EDL files will work. I'm going to do some more testing and then I'll push the changes. This still involved some minor changes to the TVServer (to look for a .edl file) and plugin.[DOUBLEPOST=1382544394][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder whether it would be possible for the RTSP server to include the required details as metadata rather than querying the server directly. Maybe that isn't convenient (because TsReader would then have to provide some kind of interface for accessing these details)... but maybe it could enable other TV Server front ends to more seamlessly support the same feature. Only a [probably very] dumb idea.
Sound like a good idea, I'm not sure I have the skills necessary to make this happen, but worth looking into anyway.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

If we get ride of mediainfo, it could be nice, a friend of mine remember me that mediainfo can stutter when opening OSD for ex. So it can introduce stutter on live TV and like mm said BBC might have variable bitrate even on DVB (need confirmation) :)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi,

If we get ride of mediainfo, it could be nice, a friend of mine remember me that mediainfo can stutter when opening OSD for ex. So it can introduce stutter on live TV and like mm said BBC might have variable bitrate even on DVB (need confirmation) :)
    It's gone.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BBC might have variable bitrate even on DVB (need confirmation)

BBC Freeview HD in the UK uses dynamic switching between frame and field H.264 encoding, depending on picture content. So after deinterlacing, the 'frame' rate at the renderer frequently flips between 25 and 50 FPS.

Pretty much all digital broadcasters use variable bitrate encoding - they call it 'statistical multiplexing' - where the available 'bit pool' is shared out dynamically between all the channels in a mux. The broadcasters would say that this optimises the quality of each stream, it's really about packing the maximum number of channels into a mux to reduce the costs ;)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I should note for testing purposes I've been using the lastest rev of comskip which is 81_056

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So if I have got this right it will only work on recorded tv, not paused tv? If not, what the reasons it won't work? Also is possible to get the binaries so I don't have to download and compile the whole lot? Eagerly awaiting progress on this. Thank you for your efforts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom