Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

This is 2 patchs + Binaries against latest SVN.
    You can apply patch on SVN, but only once @ the time (not both)
    Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1 is to fix CTD
    Core_TSReader_v25 is my rework based on graphbuilding and of course with the fix for CTD too.
    No more crash on FFDShow DXVA on my side and need to be tested by other :)

Attachments

• Core_TSReader_v25.rar
      964.6 KB
    • Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1.rar
      952.2 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Tony

To me it looked like the issue was actually that the graph was not rebuilt when the resolution changes. That is a complete guess though - client side graph stuff is not really my strongest skill. Of course I'm happy to test any patches...

mm

[Edit: also note that my FFDShow is possibly a little older than Technick's - mine comes from an HD Pack (2.3???)]

Hi mm,

I think there are two different issues here - the one you describe (also discussed in glenn 1990's thread), and FFDShow DXVA crashing when removed from the graph (which looks like it *might* be because the graph isn't in the 'stopped' state at that point). We need to fix the crashing problem first, because the cure for the other problem is likely to involve doing more filter removal/insertion on channel changes.

Tony

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tony

My testing was done with FFDShow as the MPEG 2 codec and FFDShow DXVA as the h.264 codec. When I experienced picture corruption and CTD it was changing from 576i <-> 1080i for h.264. I didn't think the codec was removed from the graph on such a change? In any case, I absolutely defer to you and Sebastiii's superior experience with this stuff.

*Thanks* to both of you for your efforts! :D

mm

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

One is based on actual SVN (Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1) and Second (Core_TSReader_v25) on my rework based on graphbuilding.
    No more crash on FFDShow DXVA and need to be tested by other :)

are your patches ready for prod. use? Will they be in SVN soon?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    When I experienced picture corruption and CTD it was changing from 576i <-> 1080i for h.264. I didn't think the codec was removed from the graph on such a change?

Hi mm,

It isn't (currently it's only removed when the video or audio stream type changes e.g. MPEG2 <-> H.264), but some DXVA decoders don't seem to cope with on-the-fly resolution changes - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-2-0-alpha-536/rebuild-graph-between-hd-channels-95545/ - so we might need to force a removal/re-insertion to fix it....

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    To make it easier to test Sebastiii's patches, attached is a hacked TsReader.ax which should force a video/audio decode filter removal/re-insertion on every channel change.

Tony

Attachments

• TsReader_formatChangeHack1.zip
      157.7 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

When I experienced picture corruption and CTD it was changing from 576i <-> 1080i for h.264. I didn't think the codec was removed from the graph on such a change?

Hi mm,

It isn't (currently it's only removed when the video or audio stream type changes e.g. MPEG2 <-> H.264), but some DXVA decoders don't seem to cope with on-the-fly resolution changes - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-2-0-alpha-536/rebuild-graph-between-hd-channels-95545/ - so we might need to force a removal/re-insertion to fix it....

Tony

But then please only for the filters who need this. Not for all.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

One is based on actual SVN (Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1) and Second (Core_TSReader_v25) on my rework based on graphbuilding.
    No more crash on FFDShow DXVA and need to be tested by other :)

Hi Seb,

The 'Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1 patch' is only a one-line change - are you saying that disconnecting the pins before removal is all that's required to fix the crash (i.e. no extra checking that the graph has stopped etc) ?

Tony

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb,

The 'Core_TSReader_FFDShow_DXVA_v1 patch' is only a one-line change - are you saying that disconnecting the pins before removal is all that's required to fix the crash (i.e. no extra checking that the graph has stopped etc) ?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Yes for me only doing this change solve my CTD.
    The graph is stop in method "public void DoGraphRebuild()" with hr = _mediaCtrl.Stop(); and started after method "ReAddFilters"
    where i disconnect output pin from removal filter :).

Thanks,
    The other patch is the big one lol but can be tested too, sure it's solve AAC audio when changing graph.
    Seb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom