Live TV Audio/Video Sync (1 Viewer)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Just to summarise -

Both Seb's v25 patch and my hacked TsReader will force a remove and re-add of video/audio filters on every channel change, so that (as mm has found) should fix the FFDShow DXVA SD<->HD corruption problem. But we don't really want to do this for all decode filters (I assume) so yes, we could make it selective in TsReader so it's only forced for FFDShow DXVA, but there are probably other decoders that need the fix too....any thoughts ?

Tony

Why rebuild the graph on every tuning and not only when the resolution changes.
Rebuild graph is needed for MPC HC, coreavc, ffdshow hd, lav cuvid, ....(tested in the past).
Maybe an option "rebuild graph on resolution change" under the tv codec settings??

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to summarise -

Both Seb's v25 patch and my hacked TsReader will force a remove and re-add of video/audio filters on every channel change, so that (as mm has found) should fix the FFDShow DXVA SD<->HD corruption problem. But we don't really want to do this for all decode filters (I assume) so yes, we could make it selective in TsReader so it's only forced for FFDShow DXVA, but there are probably other decoders that need the fix too....any thoughts ?

Tony

Why rebuild the graph on every tuning and not only when the resolution changes.
    Rebuild graph is needed for MPC HC, coreavc, ffdshow hd, lav cuvid, ....(tested in the past).
    Maybe an option "rebuild graph on resolution change" under the tv codec settings??

Yes, we need to come up with a proper fix - the current hacks are more than we actually need to fix the problem.

I'll try and modify TsReader so the graph rebuild is only triggered on video type and resolution changes, and on audio type changes. (I don't think it does enough parsing to know about audio channel count changes - one of the other problems to be worked on at some point....)

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try and modify TsReader so the graph rebuild is only triggered on video type and resolution changes, and on audio type changes. (I don't think it does enough parsing to know about audio channel count changes - one of the other problems to be worked on at some point....)

Attached are modified TsReader.ax and patch file with changes outlined above (note: it also includes the PCR rollover patch from Asselin). It seems to behave OK, but I can't test it fully as I don't have any H.264 TV available.

EDIT: moved files to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/764396-post139.html

Tony

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

Just a sidenote. I had the same problem with videos and ffdshow dxva. While watching some small hd videos very fast one after another mp crashed to desktop. So maybe the graph cleaning is here not 100% bug free too?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Live TV Audio/Video Sync

Just a sidenote. I had the same problem with videos and ffdshow dxva. While watching some small hd videos very fast one after another mp crashed to desktop. So maybe the graph cleaning is here not 100% bug free too?

Actually if it is the same cause as in live tv I would say it is a bug in ffdshow. There is no requrement (as far as I know) to disconnect the pins before removing filters from the graph. Of course that workaround should be added to make sure badly behaving filters wont spoil the evening with family :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I think it is problem of FFDshow DXVA decoder - it can be easilly reproduced in Graphstudio. Just open video in graphstudio and try remove FFDshow DXVA decoder from graph - Graphstudio will crash. There is no such problem with normal FFDshow video decoder.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yeah, FFDShow DXVA didn't like it lol
    Thanks Hoborg to confirm it :)

tourettes, sure it will be nice to add this check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom