NO chance to inform the ffdshow coders?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just had a quick play with Graphstudio myself - having a connection to the output pin of FFDSHow DXVA causes the crash on removal, input pin connections are OK.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Yep - my own feeling is that since our patch works around the issue and doesn't make anything else worse, we should put it in MP (and add it to the video player code too).

Any comments on the TsReader mods ? (good or bad :))

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    So that it covers all situations where RemoveFilter() is used, attached is a patch (and Core.dll) for current SVN with DisconnectAllPins() added into the RemoveFilter() code in DirectShowUtil.cs - please try and report back :)

EDIT: The patch was incorrect - please use v4 patch etc in post below...

Tony

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Tony,

I maybe wrong, but i think it's not the same method to remove filter. I can't test right now but :
    _graphBuilder.RemoveFilter(pInfo.filter); call RemoveFilter from \Common-MP-TVE3\DirectShowLib\AXExtend.cs
    And your addons seems to be call by : DirectShowUtil.RemoveFilters
    Maybe i'm totally wrong and the call from AXExtend.cs call DirectShowUtil ?

Thanks,
    Seb.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Tony,

I maybe wrong, but i think it's not the same method to remove filter. I can't test right now but :
    _graphBuilder.RemoveFilter(pInfo.filter); call RemoveFilter from \Common-MP-TVE3\DirectShowLib\AXExtend.cs
    And your addons seems to be call by : DirectShowUtil.RemoveFilters
    Maybe i'm totally wrong and the call from AXExtend.cs call DirectShowUtil ?

Thanks,
    Seb.

Oops, sorry, yes Seb you are correct - new patch etc attached... :oops:

EDIT: Added Core.dll for MP 1.2.0 Beta with FFDShow DXVA crash fix mod. Moved 'TsReader_zappingRebuildMod1' files from earlier post to here so that all mod files are in one place.

There are two separate fixes here:

1) 'TsReader_zappingRebuildMod1' forces a partial graph re-build if the video/audio changes on a live TV channel change. This is a workaround for decode filters that do not like on-the-fly format changes.

2) 'FFDShow_DXVA_v4' stops FFDShow DXVA decoder causing a crash when it is removed from the graph on channel changes and stop play.

EDIT: 'TsReader_zappingRebuildMod1' binary updated to include latest SVN updates.

Tony

Attachments

• Core_with_FFDShow_DXVA_patch_v4.zip
      1 MB
    • Core_FFDShow_DXVA_v4.patch
      2.1 KB
    • Core_120_Beta_with_FFDShow_DXVA_patch_v4.zip
      1 MB
    • TsReader_zappingRebuildMod1.patch
      22 KB
    • TsReader_zappingRebuildMod1b_SVN28068.zip
      156.9 KB

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, there are the results of my tests :

I just replace the core.dll, I tryed differents dshowhelper.dll, same problem

Everything work fine on DVBT but when you zap from a HD DVBIP to a SD DVBIP the codec used is ffdshow DXVA but the screen size is not reinitialized so you see the SD picture on the to left part of the screen. With the dshowhelper_v0078_part_DWM you see the old channel on the screen (with a little animation loop !) and the new SD channel on it ! Very strange...
    It seem that the codec use the size of the old video to work.

No problem with powerdvd 10 codec.

Added : if I go directly to a DVB-IP channel everything work fine, it's really a reinit problem.
    Added : if I zap from a DVB-IP h264 SD channel to a DVB-T h264 channel, same problem, ffdshow dxva keep the video size, so nothing to see with DVB-IP or T but a zap from a h264 channel to a different size h264 channel. (04h... going sleeping ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom