[fixed] live Tv freeze - 15- --> 30+ helps (1 Viewer)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I didn't know about the Mantis entry - thanks :)

If it's still a problem with RTSP, post some logs and I'll take a look.

I'd also try the 'noStopMod29' TsReader from - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/793746-post149.html - with RTSP.

Tony

Yes, it would be awsome if you can fix this issue.

Now, there is a workaround (stop and restart the player on each tuning) for this bug in the 4TR client, but this made tuning extremely slow. So if this issue is solved, the workaround can be removed.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Today i reinstalled a system with Windows 7 SP1, and when using UNC got frequently dropped frames and repeat frames.

Regarding my old post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-mode-test-plz-36735/index13.html#post702229 (mentioned a couple of replies back), still the SMB2.0 disabling works.

Hope some more ppl can test this, i've attached a zip file with a .reg and a .bat file; run them as administrator (if u have UNC enabled). do this both on the TVserver and the Client(s), and reboot the lot.

Please note that this is at u're own risk!.

Windows Vista introduced a new SMB protocol, version 2. It often causes problems:

•Opening 2007 files from a network share takes a long time. The first file takes minutes to open, but subsequently closed it will re-open quickly
    •Browsing mapped drives is slow - each directory takes more than a few seconds to open
    •Data corruption in Line-of-Business applications that access a shared database on a file share / mapped network drive. The connections to the database time out and cause data corruption.
    This affects Windows 7 too.

Turning off SMBv2 fixes these problems for me. If you are not having problems, however, the recommendation is to leave SMBv2 turned on.

Also Microsoft has published some SMB2 hotfixes (not tried them yet):
    Data corruption when multiple users perform read and write operations to a shared file in the SMB2 environment (<< Allready integrated in SP1 of windows 7)
    Data corruption when one user on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 updates a shared file that is open on multiple computers by using SMB Version 2

Attachments

• SMB2 OFF.zip
      515 bytes

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wow, this is exciting news, cfforce. Have you tried the 2:nd hotfix yourself and if so, any results. Will try disabling smb2 as soon as wifey leaves the tv. I on the other hand am not having any problems with stutter or dropped frames but total freezes.

Ed; saw that you haven't tested the hotfixes

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    alright .. so its definitely better with this change .. not quite 100% .. but still better

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What i added to my config is also DISABLE the INTERRUPT MODERATION in the network card settings.
    got to u're network adapter, click properties, when u see the checkboxes etc. with the network card name, click the Configure button, then go to tab Advanced, and search for Intterupt moderation, disable it. (Interrupt moderation could be called differently on different network card brands.).

When Interrupt moderation is enabled it will throttle the network stack in order to decrease processor utilisation.

p.s. reboot after the change is made...

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried the 2nd hotfix from ms but tv froze at first try with it. Then I turned off smb2 and tv has been running fine all day now. I'm gonna run with this a few days to see if anything shows up.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've disabled interupt moderation and disabled smb2 with the 2 reg and bat file

it's definitely better now.. I'll hand MP over to my brother.. If there's a bug somewhere, he will find it... I mean he can crash a damn calculator .. Lol!

EDIT: yeh ok.. if i strain the CPU on my multiseat tv server (watching something in VLC), then the client is effected still(glitchy image). The freezes were gone for a bout 30 mins then came back.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it three days now, wow. Not a single freeze with smb2 turned off. Still on UNC with stock 1.2.1 tsreader. I just wish that i could press that thanks button a hundred times more, cfforde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom