MP2 - V2.3 Live TV is not possible if two clients are showing HD channels (Astra HD+) (1 Viewer)

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i wrote this problem already in the german section, but the problem could not be solved until now.
@morpheus_xx tryed it with the TVE3.5 Engine, but it still won't work.
That's why I turned to Digital Devices Support. But here, too, no solution has been found until now.

Devices and Hardware:
Mediaportal TV Server with MP2.3.1 Version (CPU Intel J4125 + 8GB RAM)
Mediaportal Client 1 mit MP2.3.1 Version (CPU i3-10100U + 8GB RAM)
Mediaportal Client 2 mit MP2.3.1 Version (CPU i9-9900K + 16GB RAM)

Server TV Cards:
DD Cine S2 V7A + DD DuoFlex S2 + DD CI Modul + UniCam EVO HW3.0 + Original Astra HD+ Card

Network:
All Clients connected to the network with Cat 6e cables and the Router is a AVM FritzBox 7590.

Problem Describtion:
It is not possible that two Clients can show two encrypted HD+ Channel.
When i start two Clients with HD+ Channel all looks fine, until one Client will switch the Channel, then the other client freeze the picture and the audio is gone.
But it is possible to stream "Das Erste HD" and "ZDF HD" simultane. Or "Kabel 1 (non HD)" and "RTL (non HD)".
I tested all Combinations but only two encrypted HD Channels won't work.

Testing 29.11.2020 (find all Logs attached):

10:34 Uhr Client 1 started "Pro7 HD" – streams without problem
10:35 Uhr Client 2 started "Sat 1 HD" – streams without problem
10:35 Uhr Client 1 "Pro 7 HD" freeze (freeze frame and no audio)
10:35:30 Uhr Client 1 switch to "Kabel 1 HD" – picture and audio works again
10:35:30 Uhr Client 2 "Sat 1 HD" freeze (freeze frame and no audio)
10:36 Uhr Client 1 and 2 stopped streaming

I don't know if it is a MP2 Problem, Network Configuratoin Problem or Hardware Problem.
Yestersday i started a new Test and find out, that the "Client 2" lost the connection to the MP2 Server, if it stucks (freeze) until nothing works.
Then i must restart the client or make a reconnect to the Server.
I don't know if the problem was there before, but i think so.

Hope anyone can help.
Cause i need Multiseat Functionality in the future. In the future i want to have three clients simultane with Astra HD+. (y)

Attachments

• Client 1 MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-11-29-10.37.21.zip
    583.7 KB
  • Client 2 MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-11-29-10.37.16.zip
    157.7 KB
  • DD TunerLog.txt
    63.4 KB
  • Server MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-11-29-10.37.09.zip
    7.3 MB

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Still the same problem.

Does anyone know a other free software where i can test a setup with a TV Server and 2 Clients?
That i can exclude that MediaPortal is the problem.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anyone know a other free software where i can test a setup with a TV Server and 2 Clients?
    NextPVR and TVHeadend are free and multiple clients are possible. TVHeadend is Linux only (e.g. it's running on a Raspberry Pi) where NextPVR is running on Linux, Mac and Windows...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is NextPvr (free for personal use), JRiver (free trial, but you need to buy a licence for long-term use), and this Wikipedia page lists lots of other media-center software (but it has the annual begging-for-funding inserts at the moment).

I have not tried any of them, so I don't know whether they can work with CAMs or indeed whether they support separate clients :(.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    NextPVR definitely supports multiple clients. It has an own Windows client but most of the time it is used with Kodi as client. TVHeadend did not have an own client. Here you are forced to use Kodi as client. I'v tried them both but I don't have a CAM so I don't know if they can do MTD with DD hardware as MediaPortal can. General CAM support is included in both, for sure...
    JRiver I never tried as it is way too commercial for my taste. Similar is with DVB-Viewer. I only tried it because I lately got a licence donated (for EPG-Buddy to add DVB-Viewer support). DVB-Viewer has CAM and MTD ability for sure. Here you need the DVB-Viewer Media Server addon if you want to have multiple clients (mostly Kodi) but you need to pay to even try it. The demo version did not have DMS included...

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think i try NextPVR.

After the test i write the result here.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there any trick with NextPVR and the Channel Scan by DVB-S?
    NextPVR find my DD Tuners, but when i want to start a channel scan, NextPVR find no channels.
    The scan stops within 1 second.

The frequencelist for Astra 19.2E is in the NextPVR directory present. (i checked already)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any trick with NextPVR and the Channel Scan by DVB-S?
    I have never used satellite TV and I have never used NextPvr, but a recent thread on its forum said this:

Unfortunately NextPVR isn't going to be able to help you with this. It only really does FTA channels.

There was some limited support for CI on NextPVR v4, but it wont work with a Terratec CI device. Unfortunately each and every manufacturer does CI different way, using their own proprietary methods. I never owned any Terratec devices, so never added support for these.
    So you may be out of luck with NextPvr. Does it detect channels if you disconnect the CAM and try to tune only free-to-air channels?

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom